Episode 5

(Ryoma’s aspect)

The days after Rei finally managed to swim, thought butterfly only, I couldn’t reach Rin anymore. Did we really broke up by what he say? Does he let me know by ignoring me? [“you can have her!” dont talk abot her like that!”] I still didn’t get why Haru said that. With my phone in my hand I was standing against the fence of the pool. “alright, before we’ll start with the training, lets take a look at the coming rounds of the tournaments,” I heard Makoto and I looked at the 4 guys. “I’ll participate in the 100m and the 200m backstroke.” “I’ll do the 100m and 200m breaststroke!” Nagisa said exited. “then I’ll doe the 100m and the 2-“ Rei started. “Rei-chan, you may better just start with the 100m,” Nagisa said. “what? But i-“ “I think he’s right,” I said, “you just managed to swim afterall.” Rei nodded quietly, “alright, the 100m butterfly.” Makoto smiled, “and Haru-“ “I only swim freestyle!” he said. “I guess that says enough,” Makoto said. “guys! You’re not gonna believe this!!” Gou then yelled as she ran up to the guys as she was holding a paper.

“Iwatobi swimming club’s summer training camp of hell on a dessert island?” I read from the paper she was holding. “from hell?” Rei repeated. “on a dessert island?” Makoto repeated as well. “sounds amazing!” Nagisa said. “this is from when the school still had a swimming club,” Gou told us. “so, what do you wanna say with that?”  Haru asked her. “well, lets use this and lets go on a summer trainings camp on a dessert island, then we can get ready for the upcoming tournament.” “to much effort,” Haru said who was now sitting on the edge of the pool. “Its not the time to complain!” Gou said as she took a map, “look, they swam long distance from island to island. Don’t you think that this will be the perfect way to build up stamina?” “in the ocean?” Makoto asked softly as I looked at him. “yes, we need to exact the same as the former club members!” Gou said, “beside that you need more stamina and this would be the perfect way. Cmon guys, lets go on trainings camp!” she looked back at Makoto. “what do you think, captain?!” she asked. “what? Well.. its true that it’s a great idea to held a trainings camp before the tournament,” he said “yeah!” Nagisa cheered. “then that’s settled,” Gou smiled proudly.

“do you really think that school will pay for that?” Miss.Amakata said as the others did their story. “then can we ask our amazingcounselor for the money?” Nagisa asked. “im not that amazing,” Miss.Amakata said, “and that’s not going to happen!”

“what a disappointment, I was really excited about going,” Nagisa said when we all walked home together. “if the school doesn’t wanna pay for it we need to get the money ourselves,” Gou said. “I don’t have enough for that, I just bought that new swimsuit,” Rei said. “I also bought a new one,” Haru said. “same here,” Makoto nodded. “I got one to,” nagisa said as last. “its true that Rei needed one, but you guys didn’t needed to buy one, especially Haruka-sempai!” Gou said, “all of yours are almost exact the same!” “but they all fit differently,” Haru said. “we could try to find a part time job,” Makoto suggested. “isn’t it to late for that?” Nagisa said as he turned around and walked backwards, facing the others. “I guess our plan isn’t going to happen,” Rei said. “wait!” Makoto said and everyone stopped and looked at him. “I’ll think about a way,” he said, “there needs to be a way to held a training camp without spending money.” “oh, Mako-chan gets serious,” I giggled quietly. “as expect from our captain,” Gou said. “but we do should visit my house,” Makoto continued.

As we arrived at Makoto’s house, Makoto got inside and all of us waited outside. “whats that?” Rei asked as he noticed a small grave in the garden. “that is Makoto’s fish,” Haru told him. “oh yeah Mako-chan used to have a fish right?” Nagisa said before Makoto came back outside. “alright, let go.”