Part 3

I woke up, washed up and dressed up in my maid uniform. I was pretty excited for today as it was the start of a new life for me. I hoped that I could make precious new memories.

I giddily walked up to my desk and scanned my timetable.

6 am: Wake up the prince

A heavy blush overtook my smiling face and I suddenly became nervous.

I slapped my cheeks and huffed out a breath, "Don't think of anything else. Just wake him up and then leave his room."

I sighed and marched towards his room, "Don't do anything stupid."

I brought my hand up to knock on his room but then realized that he was still sleeping. I slapped my forehead and quietly entered. I walked to his bed where he was sleeping soundly.

His hands were wrapped around a huge pillow, holding it close to himself just like a baby. I almost wanted to cuddle him. Almost.

I leaned over his face. He looked so serene, breathing softly. His eyelashes were very long and his features looked unreal as if they were drawn to form the perfect human being. His hair was very fluffy and soft, and it was quite the struggle holding myself back from touching it. My eyes lingered on his lips for a while as they were pouting. I smiled. "Cute," I thought to myself.

I snapped out of it, "Shut up and just wake him up and leave."

I cleared my throat, standing straight. "Wake up, Your Highness. It's time for you to get up," I stated with a firm voice.

He groaned and shoved his face into the pillow.

I sighed and grabbed his pillow, pulling it away from him, "You really have to get up now, Your Highness."

He mumbled a 'no' grumpily and turned to the other side. I gawked at him.

Is he a 5-year-old or what? I thought that I would be dealing with a high and mighty leader-to-be, and that he would readily wake up. But now it feels as if I'm his babysitter.

I leaned over his face again, a bit closer this time, and grumbled. "Can you please do me a favor and wake up? It's only my first day so show me a little bit sympathy, will you?"

He suddenly opened his eyes and turned his head towards me.

Our gazes locked with each other.

I choked on my saliva, coughing and pulling myself backwards.

"What are you doing here?" His voice cracked.

He jumped up and scanned me from head to toe. He licked his lips.

I pulled myself together, "I'm here to wake you up from your deeep slumber. From now on, it's my duty to do that." I nervously shifted my weight from side to side under his stare.

He widened his eyes and scratched the back of his head, glancing around the room. "O-Oh... I see."

I screamed internally at his husky morning voice and laughed awkwardly, "I guess they didn't tell you that. Since you're up wide awake now, I should get going to my next task."

He nodded and got off from the bed, biting his lips. His hair was really messy.

I bowed and dashed out of the room as quickly as possible.

What the heck? That took me by surprise...

Why was he acting so awkward?

I shrugged it off and went back to my room to look at my timetable again since I 'suddenly' forgot all of my duties.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

I came to the kitchen to prepare the royal family breakfast. There were four other maids and I was tasked to cut the vegetables.

The orange haired maid, who was the first person I met after waking up, helped me become familiar with the kitchen. Her name was Xiao and we instantly became friends after having a passionate discussion about food.

Amy was there too, but she only focused on her cooking and didn't seem to care about my presence. The other two maids chatted a little with me, cheering me up before focusing on their tasks as well.

I rolled my sleeves up and grabbed a knife, getting onto my work.

My hands trembled a lot while cutting potatoes as if it was the first time that I was cooking.

I cursed when the knife slipped and cut my finger. It was bleeding really bad and the others rushed to my aid. Xiao quickly washed it and wrapped a bandage around it, and the others cleaned my cutting board and continued what I was doing.

Tears threatened to fall from my eyes. Perhaps it was because of the pain or maybe it was because I became a nuisance instead of assisting them. Either way, my eyes were stinging and I felt weak.

"Violet, you should skip this time, that wound looks really bad," Xiao eyed me worriedly. "Don't worry, we got this."

I bit my lips and nodded. I left the kitchen and went to the garden to get some fresh air.

I sat down on a bench and spotted the prince a few meters away from me. He turned his head towards me and I looked away. What?

He walked towards me and sat on my right side.

"How are you liking it here so far?" I snapped my head up towards him.

"I like this place very much actually. I just need to become more capable of handling things," I looked at my hands.

He followed my gaze and saw my cut. His eyes widened and he took my hand in his.

I became flustered, "W-What are you doing?"

He caressed my hand gently, inspecting the finger cut, "I told you not to do anything." His voice was firm and he looked at me with a serious face.

I gulped. "I just wanted to pay you back for saving me."

His eyes softened, "You don't have to do that. It would actually hurt me instead seeing you injuring yourself trying to pay me back."

I was baffled. Does he act this kind and somewhat flirtatious with everyone?

My heart drummed inside my chest and I laughed awkwardly again, "I won't cut myself next time. And my tasks were actually minor ones so you shouldn't worry about me. It's fine."

He nodded and stood up, "You better be careful." He glanced at me and looked away, "And you look really cute in that uniform."

I blushed heavily and he ran away very fast.

"I must have a fever," I cupped my cheeks.

To be continued...

A/N: We going ✈️ uwu hours

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💞