Part 31

I slowly opened my eyes and blinked repeatedly, trying to adjust my vision.

Looking around, I realized that I was laying in my own bed after quickly recognizing the familiar teal furnitures.

I turned my head to the left side and widened my eyes when the serene appearance of Taehyung sleeping on a chair next to me came into view. He looked so peaceful yet so agitated.

I'm alive?

This feels so real...

The sudden sounds of shoe heels clicking against the ceramic floor caught my attention and I turned to the other side to see Jungkook walking away from me.

"Jungkook?"

He stopped and swiftly turned around with wide eyes.

Next thing I knew, I was lifted up from the bed and wrapped in his arms, with him holding me tightly.

"J-Jung-"

"I'm sorry, Y/N... I'm sorry for everything I did. I shouldn't have done them and I regret them so much. When I saw you dropping to the ground, bleeding, I... I just lost my mind. I thought that you'll be gone forever and I was so afraid..." he sniffled and clutched my shoulders. "I'm so sorry..."

He was crying.

I was too shocked to hug him back.

His cold and hardened demeanor was long gone and before me was the delicate and soft young man that I used to know of for a long time. I couldn't believe it.

"M-My body hurts," I whispered.

He gasped and quickly let go of me before gently putting me down on the bed.

"I'm s-sorry I just-"

"It's okay."

He nodded and the air surrounding us became awkward.

I cleared my throat and glanced at Taehyung. He was still sleeping.

Man, he must be so tired.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Huh? Oh, t-two days," he rubbed the back of his neck, looking down.

Two days?!

"What?! Then what happened after I fell unconscious?"

He clenched his jaw and looked away.

"After that, we both rushed to your aid. As for the war..." he looked at Taehyung. "His side won just as you said. But he didn't kill me."

I tilted my head. "Why?"

Was that rude...

His gaze shifted towards me and my breath got caught in my throat.

"He told me that you wouldn't have wanted that."

He said that?

"Oh." I bit my lips. "He was right then."

I could feel his eyes on me but I couldn't bring mine up to meet his.

"You know that I hate you, right?" I frowned.

He looked away, rubbing his hand against his arm.

"I know you feel the same way. I hate you for what you did and you hate me for what I didn't do," I softly let out. "Still, I care for you, Jungkook."

He snapped his head towards me. Shock crossed his face, his mouth dropping open slightly.

"Y-You what?"

I sighed. "No matter how hard I try to deny it, I can't. Maybe it's because you're my... first love. Or maybe it's because I feel like I'm guilty as well. Whatever the reason is, I do care for you."

It was painfully silent.

I started fidgeting and feeling so small under his stare.

"S-So," my voice cracked. I cursed under my breath. "I wanted to say-"

"Get a shower already, Tae, you can't be rotting in here foreve-"

Namjoon barged inside and froze when his eyes landed on us. He looked at me and gasped out loud at the same time I did.

"Joon!"

"Y/N!"

We shouted at the same time and he dashed towards me before kneeling down on the ground next to my bed.

"You're awake!"

"You're alive?! Oh my gosh, I thought you were dead, you even said that you were sorry you were leaving me! You idiot!" I pinched his biceps through his white shirt.

He winced and slapped my hand. "That hurts, you sadistic bean! I just said that to scare you."

"What the heck! Who even jokes like that?! You were bleeding a lot, you weak stick."

He chuckled. "Yeah... I'm sorry, I was weak."

I pouted. "Just don't do it again."

He nodded and turned around to look at Jungkook.

He looked displeased.

"Oh. Did I interrupt you two?"

"Yes, you did. She was telling me something important," he fake smiled.

I got up slowly and sat upright.

"I wanted to say that I could have you live here since you don't have anywhere else to go now."

He looked at the ground.

"You're a royalty though, so it might be difficult to-"

"Can I ask you one thing?" He suddenly asked me.

I nodded slowly. "Go ahead."

He lifted up his head. "Can I become a knight of this kingdom?"

Namjoon gasped from beside me.

"Jungkook, I-"

"I know I'm a royalty, but my kingdom has already fallen and this one was already taken over, so I have pretty much nothing to rule over. I'm powerless," he chuckled weakly. "That's why, I wish to offer my skills and just do what I can do."

It was hard for me to accept his reality, but he was deciding what was right for himself and I felt the need to support it.

No matter how difficult it was.

"Okay then. Namjoon?" I turned to him.

He nodded and walked to the door, glancing back at Jungkook and telling him to follow him.

Jungkook showed me his usual boyish smile and bowed. "Thank you, Y/N."

I couldn't help but feel sad at that. There wasn't anything to thank me for. In fact, it was my fault that he ended up in this state.

"And don't blame yourself."

My heart started shaking.

"What?"

"I realized that I was wrong to have blamed you for everything. I shouldn't have acted on my emotions and impulses. For that, I will devote myself to you and repent for what I did."

Is this really happening?

I couldn't see any hint of dishonesty in his eyes when he said that.

He really meant that?

My gaze followed him as he strode towards the door and walked out of the room.

I didn't know what to feel.

My head refused to believe him but my heart urged me to take his word for it.

"You still love him, don't you?"

A/N: Mono thooooo
Just what I needed when I have so many things to do but no music to listen to while doing them.
The lyrics thooooo
It's hard to choose a favorite since all of them are so good, but maybe Moonchild? Or 지나가?

What's your fav?