Part 34

The garden was still comforting despite being in shambles

The garden was still comforting despite being in shambles. A few flowers were blooming and thriving here and there even when they were abandoned for a while... Just like my kingdom.

It was time for me to revive what's in ruins and fulfill my rightful duties as the ruler. It maybe tough for a young, inexperienced girl like me, but I was my father's daughter, and all the time spent training and preparing me was for this.

But there was one problem.

Both my sister and I were female, born to be wed to another kingdom and take care of that! country.

So, if we were to get married, our kingdom would be left behind.

Taehyung guided me to a wooden bench, sat on it and patted his laps.

I widened my eyes. "Wha-"

He tilted his head and questioned, "You don't want to sit on my laps?"

I quickly shook my head and gently plopped myself down on his legs.

He giggled at my action and wrapped his hands around my waist, pulling me closer.

"So I've been thinking," I leaned my head against his chest. "We should throw a party to celebrate and invite some princes and princesses. I should really get a man for my sister."

He placed his cheek on my head and played with my hair.

"Hm? A party?" He chuckled. "That sounds nice. I could invite some of my friends, too... Like Jin-"

"You're friends with him?"

"Yeah. He's just like a brother to me," he sighed, smiling as he remembered his time with him. "We used to play a lot, along with Jungkook..."

I hummed, closing my eyes and allowing myself to melt into his warmth.

"You know, I've been thinking..."

"Mhmm."

I snuggled further, wrapping my hands around his body.

"I'm appointing Jungkook as my succeeder."

He stopped his actions and lifted his head up.

I lifted mine as well and looked at him. He was confused.

"Why? He's the reason that everything is basically destroyed right now. Did you forget all that? What are you thinking, Y/N?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

I nibbled on my lower lip, facing down.

"I know. I know what he did. But... I think it's for the best."

His jaw dropped and before he could scold me further, I placed my finger on his lips.

"Listen. He won't do something like that again, you took down his men, right? So, it will be my people he will be ruling over, with no force of his own. He won't be able to fight all of them on his own. Plus, there's Namjoon who's going to be looking over him... I just feel like he'll turn better if we give him a chance."

He grabbed my hand and said, "What led you to make this decision now?"

"It's just... W-When we marry- I mean, Elle and I will be leaving this country once we get married... And there won't be any king to take care of my kingdom, so..."

"So since Jungkook is a royalty, he's a suitable candidate?"

I nodded.

He sighed. "I understand where you're coming from... But, Y/N..." He lightly held my face and peered into my eyes. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

If I'm getting married, of course this is the only way...

"Yes. I trust him... I believe he can do it."

He squinted his eyes playfully.

"I'm feeling quite jealous here," he bit back his smile.

I chuckled before wrapping my arms around his neck and nuzzling my nose with his.

"You have no reason to be, Tae. The one and only person who I love and cherish the most right now is you. Apart from my sister though," I snorted.

A huge grin made its way onto his lips and he affectionately kissed my nose.

"Well, for me, you're the person I love the most. In fact, I-" he pursed his lips and turned away.

"What?"

His eyes met mine again and he shook his head. "No, nothing."

I got confused, but since it wasn't something major, I decided not to push it.

"How about we do a ceremony instead of a party. We could still invite people," he suggested.

I raised my eyebrows. "Oh. Yeah, that could be better. We should announce that a new king is being appointed."

I paused.

"Wait, that should be done after I'm relieved from my duty."

His eyes widened. "A-Ah, yes. That's right. Okay, let's get you inside now. I'm sure we've been outside enough."

"Oh, okay."

I slowly stood on my feet.

He took my hand and I followed him inside.

He's panicking?

A/N: Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 🌸