Part 37

Six months later...

"Sis!"

I searched for Elle, walking through the hallway and checking inside every door.

"Come on, Elle! The ceremony is in five hours, we should get ready!"

Namjoon walked up to me from behind, along with Cassandra. "I found her in the garden. I think she's freaking out that she's meeting Jin now. What did I tell you?" He said, smugly.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Just get her ready before the ceremony."

He bowed and walked away.

"Cassy." She bowed. "Let's get ready."

⚜️⚜️⚜️

Knock knock.

Jungkook opened the door. "Yes? Oh, Y/N."

I smiled and entered his room. Looking over his attire, I gave him a thumbs up. "You look nice," I giggled.

He blushed and rubbed the back of his neck. "Thanks. You look beautiful."

"Thank you," I chimed. "So are you ready?"

He huffed out a breath and shut his eyes tightly before shaking his head. "Not really. I don't know if they'll accept me or not. I don't even think that I'll do a great job. I dictated everyone in this kingdom before and-"

"Not this please," I groaned. "I told you so many times. You can do it. The fact that you're worrying about all that means that you care about my kingdom. I know you'll do a great job. I believe you can. So chin up and act like the royal you are." I patted his shoulder and walked to the door.

"Y/N?"

I turned around. "Hm?"

"Thank you." He smiled softly and I nodded before leaving.

After closing the door, I sighed and took a deep breath before heading to the hall room. It was time. My heels clicked against the floor as loud as my heart beating against my chest.

I opened the door to find hundreds of people gathered inside. I had to remind myself to stop spacing out and keep calm at all times.

I walked up to the throne and the chattering died out. All eyes were on me now, but this already became normal for me. I scanned the crowd and showed them a delighted expression.

"Ladies and gentlemen from near and far. Thank you for accepting my invitation and coming to my humble kingdom. Tonight, we have gathered here to witness a momentous occasion; a new king will be throned. I am pleased to say that he was the best suitable royal candidate for this throne and will take care of my citizens well. Without further ado, let us rejoice and commence the ceremony!"

Everyone cheered and the ceremony started. Trumpets were blasting and people were applauding. In came Jungkook with that shook expression again and I had to turn away to laugh in silence.

He marched up to the throne and kneeled before me, facing down. I held up the sword that was passed down for generations and gave him my blessing. "By the power bestowed upon me as the rightful heir, I hereby declare you as the new king of the Kingdom of Leovalon." I placed the crown on his head.

He stood up and bowed, holding his chest. "Thank you, Your Majesty." The cheer was deafening as he turned around to wave at everyone. I descended down the stairs and joined the crowd.

"My wife is looking as beautiful as always."

I gasped and whipped my head around to see Taehyung. He kissed my temple and I giggled. "Wife? We're not yet married, Tae."

"You did great up there," he smiled and I hugged him, leaning my head against his chest. "How are you feeling?"

"It feels like a weight has been lifted off from my shoulders. But I'm also engaging Eleanor to someone tonight, so it's a bit too early to be resting."

He hummed and held me closer. "Is it Jin?"

"Yep. It's him."

"I see him talking to Elle right now," he chuckled.

I turned my head and surely they were being all lovey dovey. I was confused. "They seem so close. I thought they only met a few times before this."

"Oh. Didn't I tell you?"

I turned to him. "Tell me what?"

"After you left, he came to my kingdom and spent a few days there."

My eyes almost popped and I gawked at him. "What?! And you didn't tell me?!"

He pouted. "I'm sorry..."

I pinched the bridge of my nose and sighed. "Whatever. This just makes it easier. She already likes the guy and he seems like he feels the same way... Does he?" I questioned him, squinting my eyes.

He quickly nodded. "Yes. I know because I've been there to witness his actions. He was definitely into her. When I said that I broke off my engagement with her, his eyes sparkled. Sparkled. And then he was really close to her all the time, being nice and all."

"Okay," I nodded. "Let's go." I hooked my arm into his and pulled him towards the two.

"Time for my sister to be engaged."

Fin.

A/N: Next chapter is the last one: Epilogue

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 💞