Part 35

"You seem to have recovered, my queen."

The doctor smiled as I giggled, brimming with energy after being tended and nursed for a few days.

Taehyung's cuddles sure worked like magic.

He clang to me like a baby koala (I'm supposed to be the baby), wrapped me in blankets all the time and just showered me with kisses all over my face. I just hoped that it would never end.

"So can I walk around and do stuff?"

"Yes," he chuckled in between. "You can walk around and do stuff now."

I spread my arms, turning sideways to crack my bones exaggeratedly, and yawned out loud as if to announce everyone that I am back in business. I shook off the nerves and huffed out a breath.

"That felt nice."

The doctor nodded approvingly and collected his belongings before reminding me to take it easy for a few days until my physical abilities returned. I nodded and thanked him as he went out the door.

Now to do what I should do...

I got off from my bed and hummed a tune while I glided towards the bathroom.

⚜️⚜️⚜️

"Y/N!" Namjoon cheered when I entered the throne room. "Look at you! You're not a zombie anymore."

I snorted. "I wasn't a zombie, you know. That was a very bad comparison. Call me a ghost instead."

"Pfft" was his response.

"Anyway, gather every royal subject in this castle. I'm making an announcement, or rather, a declaration," I commanded him, turning serious.

"Yes, Your Highness."

He changed his attitude and went full butler-mode in an instant before marching out of the room.

After the door was closed, I walked up to the throne, placed above the floor by a few steps. The maroon colored leather seat with gold frame was still there. I used to sit on it when I played 'King and queen' with my nannies during my early years. I never imagined that this would become mine so early.

I ran my fingers along the wooden armrest, my breath getting caught in my throat as I reminisced the bittersweet old days. Tears formed in my eyes but I quickly blinked them away, taking a deep breath to calm down.

I swerved and took my seat on the throne that stood tall above everything else.

My heart hammered against my chest now that I was on the throne, facing forward. It was quite unnerving to sit here. I could practically see everyone's eyes on me.

Don't worry, you can do it.

The door opened and Namjoon came in.

But he was alone.

"Didn't you tell everyone?"

He rubbed his hands together.

"Um... there's a problem, Your Highness..."

I stared at him with knitted brows. He grew more tense.

"It's better that you see for yourself." He bowed.

I strutted towards him and ordered him to take me there. He nodded and walked out.

"Just what problem is it?"

He stayed silent.

I pouted and just kept walking through the halls.

I got even more confused when we arrived at the ballroom.

"Don't tell me there's a mob in here?!" I gasped.

He bursted out laughing.

"W-What?"

He looked at me with an amused face and patted my shoulders. "Prepare to be surprised, Y/N."

He ran away and left me there before I could ask anything.

What the heck.

Some friend I have...

I clicked my tongue and faced forward.

It's fine. Mobs, rebels, confrontations... I can take them all.

Come at me!

I swung the door open with all my might and put on my war face.

But it shattered the moment my eyes fell on the spectacle in front of me and was replaced with a shocked expression.

I was baffled.

Did someone recreate a garden in here?

Flowers from every species were completely covering the whole marble floor. I wasn't even sure how all these flowers, some of which I had never even seen before, were found.

It was... too beautiful.

With every breath, I was wrapped by the fragrant and heavenly aroma. It was so new, something I had never experienced before. Each of their unique scents blended and merged together to form this exotic, sweet smell that I could almost feel myself ascending with just a whiff.

Every single flower was potted and wrapped in white ribbons. They were neatly organized by their colors and at the center, the red ones formed a huge heart.

My eyes scanned over each one of them in complete awe.

Oh my gosh, is that an orchid?

I took big, cautious steps inside, careful not to push any flower pot and spill its soil during the process.

I crouched down and held up the pot of red orchid.

"So pretty," I whispered to myself as I admired it.

"Who? You?"

I shrieked and jumped up, quickly whipping my head to see who almost gave me a heart attack.

"Taehyung!" I whined and hit his arm. "You almost killed me, you idiot!"

He just stood there unfazed by my assault and gazed at me with those eyes again. I didn't know why I would get flustered every time he did that even though he's done it way too many for me to count. I couldn't get used to it.

"W-What..."

He smiled and gently held my hands. "Do you like it?"

My eyebrows jumped. "You did this?"

He nodded with a proud grin.

"Wow!" I looked at the flowers again. "But why?"

He licked his lips, suddenly growing nervous. It was showing on his face.

"Because I thought that you would like it."

I couldn't hold my smiles.

"I love it." I got on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

He closed his eyes for a brief moment and smiled in relief.

"But how did you know that I liked flowers?"

He stared into my eyes.

"I know because..."

A/N: And I'm out ✌️

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter 🌺