Chapter Seven [Edited]

"We are her parents and we are here to bring her... back"

"What!" I yelped out with a shocked expression.

"You are two are her parents?" I can't believe it. But didn't they abandon her when she was a baby? Or died?

"I'm sorry for the burden, but we are ready to take her back now," the lady seems so young... how can I be sure, that they are her parents?

"Hmmm... Mrs...?"

"I'm Chen Xing, and this is my husband, Wang Si Fan. But you can just call me Xing Xing and him for Fan Fan" the lady, I mean Xing Xing introduced.

"Emmm, let's go inside this cafe and talk then," I said pointing at the nearby cafe shop before we all set off and walked towards it.

Once we arrived at the cafe, Pearl sat literally clinging up to me.

"Mommy, I'm scared" Pearl whispered to me, while her "parents" looked at her with loving eyes.

"Pearl... mom is sorry" The lad- I mean XingXing said slowly while moving her hands near pearl to touch her. This caused Pearl to be scared, so she ended up staring at her looking more frightening than ever.

"Let's go out and play Pearl," Qian Xi told Pearl leading her out of the cafe so that I could talk to her parents without letting Pearl get hurt of what may be the reason, why she ended up in the orphanage.

"I will call you later when we are done Qian Xi," I told him, receiving an ok sign from him before they both left the cafe.

"Mrs. Wang" I started off the conversation by gaining both of their attention, "May I ask why Pearl ended up in the orphanage?"

"Where do I start?" She begins, "Well... it all started when I was 17."

As she just mentioned the age 17, I could see pain writing in her eyes, so that her husband needed to comfort her by telling her that it's the right choice they made.

"I just met Fan Fan at that time in my second year of senior high. It was close to the end of the second year, but that was when I slowly developed feelings for him too." In the middle of her explanation, she took a deep breath, and let out a sigh, while her husband held her hand and caressed it.

"Not long after, we both realized our feelings and we decided to get together. And that was also when we ended up doing something stupid, which caused me to get pregnant" a teardrop slowly fell from her eye as she thought back to the horrible memory, while I couldn't help but feel sympathy.

"I was back then in the middle of the decision to whether or not I wanted to get an abortion or just give birth to her and then hand her into a nearby orphanage, where we then later could get her back." Taking a deep breath, she then continued on with the story.

"I was too scared of what would happen at that time since I was inexperienced and too young... I thought if I gave birth to Pearl, Fan Fan would leave me. But then when I decided not to get an abortion, he respected my decision and was really supportive..." she said looking really loving towards her husband... I envy them now. They are so sweet together but get yourself together Lingling. You are here to know what happened and not here to envy them.

"Not long after, I made up my mind and decided to give birth to her, I got forced out of the house, where my parents live since they thought that I was a worthless child giving birth already at the age of 17, while I haven't even ended my education. I was then thrown away from the house and have to live with Fan Fan and his family who fortunately took me in as one of their family members"

"Not long after I gave birth, we needed to hand her in, but I really wanted to keep her. Unfortunately, I couldn't because of the burden of school and all that which ended up with me handing her in, but before we did that. We both decided to call her Pearl... because she's our shining Pearl, that brung light into our lives, even though we, unfortunately, had to hand her in, but that was what we at least got out."

It's so touching, I'm going to tear up soon.

"But may I ask why you guys want her back after giving her up for adoption? I know you guys regret it, but why?" I may sound rude, but there's still something we need to solve.

"We are sorry, but ever since we handed her in, we have been visiting the orphanage to see her, and after we both graduated. We decided we wanted to reunite our little family, since I got married to Fan Fan, two years ago"

This sound... so romantic.*intern squeal*

"But ever since three years ago, we couldn't find her in the orphanage and have been trying to find her everywhere. That was until we saw you guys walking around in the street calling her Pearl... she also looked a lot like us, so we meant that she definitely was our child." The couple in front of me really tried to find her then... they didn't just give her up. It's so touching. But how can I be sure that they are her real parents?

"Mrs. Wang and Mr. Wang, may I ask if you two are willing to do a DNA test with us, to prove that Pearl is really your child?" Pearl, I hope you won't hate mommy. Mommy's doing her best for you baby.

"Of course, but under one condition. We have to-"