Chapter Fifteen

Suggestion: Listen to the song in the media while reading.

"I do"

The word rang in the church before the veil got taken off the bride's face and they shared a kiss that lasted an eternity.

The audience cheered and everyone was happy for the couple, who just have tied their knots. They've been through thick and thin for a long time. They started off as high school crushes toward each other, which later ended up in a separation. Their separation lasted till the day they began working together in the company. This caused them to be the boss and secretary, two jobs that have made them separated till the day they tied their knot. From this moment on, they have officially become husband and wife, a title that forever makes them tied together. A bond that's stronger than anything else.

"Are you guys ready for the honeymoon?" Their mothers asked them as they wandered around the hallway to greet their close friends.

The hallway was covered in flower petals that made the scenario special. The event was held at an outdoor area with chairs placed around a center. The center was supposed to be for the hosts. They were no other than the power couple, the shining stars of the event.

"We are, mom" They looked at each other and answered their mothers at the same time. This scenario made the rest of their families laugh.

At the beginning of their wedding planning, it didn't go well. They constantly forget things that made it impossible for them to complete this wedding. Luckily they had Qian Xi's brother Nan Nan, who came to their rescue.

Does anyone remember a promise Qian Xi made with Pearl? Well... it turned out to be forgotten by Qian Xi due to the stress and planning on his wedding. He was so happy the day, he proposed to her, as he never in his wild mind thought she would agree so easily. This turned out to be more complicated and stressful after their agreement and greeting at each other's parents' house that made the event unbearable for them. They were so busy with their planning that they forgot to invite the angel who brought them together. Luckily, Liying remembered and invited her to the event.

At the center of the room where Lingling and Qian Xi stood, stood Qian Xi's brother Nan Nan as well, simply as their ring bearer and best man. The flower girl was no other than Pearl, who returned from Australia to attend their wedding as promised. She stood beside Lingling in her beautiful pink dress. She looked like a real flower girl, just in pink.

This moment brought back some thoughts for Lingling, that she never in her wild mind thought would ever be happening. She never thought she would marry her high school crush as well for Qian Xi, who never in his wildest dream would think she would agree to his proposal. Most of all, they couldn't believe Pearl returned from Australia to attend their wedding, just as promised. This allowed them to reunite as the family they once wanted to be. The family, they once were close in being before the event happened.

All in all, their sweet ending didn't end so quick, there were still more of it left. Their everyday life before the marriage happened was wonderful yet lovely. They were the couple everyone envied due to their lovely gestures toward each other. For the couple itself, it wasn't something new, this got to be a part of their everyday life. They were always this lovey-dovey in front of each other and the others knew it too.

One day at the library ...

"I don't get why you wanted to come here, we could've just finished the work at home or at the office, babe," Lingling complained while carrying all their paperwork to an empty table at the library.

"Well cause we never had the chance to have a study date back then cause I was too shy to approach you." Qianxi smiled and placed the laptops they needed on the table.

"You didn't know how trendy couple-study dates were, I never got the chance to experience that in my teen years." Lingling laughed.

"As if I experienced any," Qianxi stopped and pulled out a chair "here baby, sit."

Lingling smiled at his small gesture. The small gestures Qian Xi did cause her to love him more as days pass. There wasn't one time she had to open any door after they got together.

I'm not saying girls shouldn't open a door but Qianxi didn't let Lingling open any doors when he's with her cause it's a "man's job" he says.

As Qianxi wore his working glasses, Lingling laid her head on the table while watching him intensely.

"What's up baby, why are you staring like that?"

"Nah nothing, I just wanted to do this again."

"Again?" Qianxi raised a brow.

"Uh-huh, I used to watch you like this too. I liked you too back then. Remember sheesh." Lingling knocked his head and smiled.

"Baby gimme your hand," Qianxi demanded.

Lingling stretched out her arm to him, confused.

Then he started drawing a cute heart with the initials QX+LL❤️

"Aww, babe!" She squealed.

"SSHH"

That squeal managed to make everyone in the library shush them and also got them kicked out of the library for making too much noise.

"It's your fault sheesh." Lingling pouted.

"No it isn't, it's yours." Qianxi humphed.

"Yes, it is," Lingling muttered under her breath.

Qianxi suddenly grabbed her hand and leaned in slowly to her pouted lips and grabbed the chance to give Lingling a swift peck causing her to blush.

"Let's go, home baby," Qianxi offered a hand for her to grab.

She smiled and took his hand.

Hand in hand they walked home without their cars and only with their backpack filled with books and papers and a laptop in their arm, just like how students would walk home together after their classes.

That's how a secretary could fell for her boss.

End.