Chapter Fourteen

3rd person narrator

It has been a few months since Pearl got back to her parents and Qian Xi and Lingling have been closer to each other since her departure. They have been on a few dates and when they couldn't stop thinking about her, they decided to overwork themselves. They have been workaholics since then.

Easier said they are two workaholics who are lovestruck at the same time. They love each other but they are too stubborn to admit it, so it's just lovey-dovey gestures that are being exchanged between the two of them. This, fortunately, happens whenever and wherever they go.

"Here Mr. Yi, your coffee," Lingling said as she placed his cup onto his desk.

Qianxi's desk is filled with mountains of papers and files. The deadline for a project is close and the office is in a chaotic state down due to the project. This project happens to be the most important project of the year, and as it has been making Qianxi pull a few all-nighters to finish his work. Lingling has been staying with him all the time and has been handing him coffee whenever he needs it.

Due to the project, they haven't had time to think about Pearl, and this minimized their need to miss her. Once in a while, when they pass by her kindergarten or her favorite cafe, they will remember all the moments they had together, but recently it hasn't been happening.

"Liling."

"Hmm?"

"You can leave first if you're tired. I can do this myself." Qianxi said before he pushes Lingling towards the door.

"No, it's alright Mr. Yi. I should be here with you too." She reassured him and tried to stay back.

"No, it's late and you have been staying with me for some time now, that I believe you haven't had proper sleep yet." He told her, as he tried to bring her to leave for some sleep.

"Qian, I'm staying with you and that's it." She told him before she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Come here, let's get you home for some sleep." He told her, "Don't worry, I will get some sleep too."

Qian Xi's smile made everything in Lingling's world function and the same happened for Qian Xi with Lingling's smile. They are depending on each other yet they keep on denying it.

Their way back to Lingling's house was peaceful as Lingling was asleep and Qian Xi was driving.

Once in a while, Qian Xi will glance to his side and he will get boosted by the look at her. Her peaceful look when she sleeps makes his worries gone.

Their drive was nothing more than peaceful and short, and when they arrived at Lingling's house, they didn't leave the car. Qian Xi didn't even bother waking her up as he wanted to enjoy this moment a little longer as if it would vanish the next second he looked at her.

"Hmmm, are we already at my house?" Lingling asked Qian Xi as she just woke up do to no movements of the car.

"Yeah, let's get you inside," He said as she let her inside her house. Liying is already asleep and the same with her son, so they tried their best to not make any sound. Otherwise, they may have woken them up and they didn't want to go through the trouble.

"Qian, please, just stay for the night," Lingling said as she held Qian Xi back when he was close leaving.

This moment felt like a deja vu for the pair as they stood still without any further movement. They didn't move nor did they break their eye contact as if the time was standing still for them and only them.

"I love you, Lingling. Be my girlfriend?" He said as she stood in front of her in a distance less than 5 cm. Their faces were almost touching yet it didn't.

With one more move, they kissed and the kiss lasted for an eternity. 

A/N

We are sorry for all these, who have been waiting for our update on this book. We are currently busy with personal things, but we will try to pass by this book once in a while a make an update. Thanks for the patient. <3 

Love Pastellovers <3