♛ Chapter five

𝗙𝗮𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗶𝗽 𝟱

𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗶𝗹 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗼𝗻 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝘃𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗯𝗮𝗴, 𝗰𝗼𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗯𝗮𝗯𝘆 𝗽𝗼𝘄𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁. 𝗕𝘆 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗯𝗲 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲. 𝗜𝗳 𝗮 𝗯𝗶𝘁 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘀, 𝗿𝗲𝗽𝗲𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗹𝘆 𝗴𝗼𝗻𝗲.

I made the familiar walk down the corridor of our jersey house, then up the stairs. I knew what was coming next when I heard the voices. I went to my parent's room and stood at the door bracing myself to open it. I didn't see my mom and her beautiful jungle of curls or my dad or his bitch girlfriend.

It was Max and Charlotte making out. They looked up and laughed when they saw me and continued their heated make-out session. He trailed kisses along her neck and she moaned and giggled, just like I did when he touched me that way, then she ripped off his shirt.

 He trailed kisses along her neck and she moaned and giggled, just like I did when he touched me that way, then she ripped off his shirt

The end of the weekend came quickly, and it was time to face what I feared most. My first day at Hawkins. A public school. It might not sound like a big deal but I was bred in private schools. Rich kids, high profile dads, and trophy moms.

I wouldn't say I was nervous. If anything, I was annoyed. At my last school, I was on top of the social hierarchy.

Ruler of all, the subject of none.

At least, that's what my prom queen sash said. Now, I had to start from the bottom. At Hawkins, I would just be some new kid with perfectly threaded eyebrows.

It was chaos outside of the haven of my room. I could hear the clamor of everyone struggling to get ready and I was not excited to go out and tackle that mess. So,  I just got dressed. I had showered the previous night anyway.

I took my time dressing up, choosing my outfit, taming my hair. I believe first impressions are everything. Don't judge a book by its cover is the biggest lie ever uttered. It's impossible not to. Hello, God gave us all eyes for a reason. I  mean, how can I look at a girl wearing denim on denim and not assume she's suffering from a severe case of some sort of psychosis. I'm sorry but my brain just immediately makes that connection.

I dress to make an impact. I would let them all know that I wasn't just some lamo girl who came out of nowhere. I was a scary hot, boss ass bitch.

I threw on a blouse and a teasingly short skirt. I paired it with my knee-high Gucci boots, which I value more than almost everything I own.