Chapter 2

Carter

I had an amazing evening with Vi. I am so thankful for everything she does for the company and I'm very happy she got me the deal I've been trying to get for the past months. The fact that she made that happen in a two-hour meeting blows me away. I'm definitely giving her a raise and let her do most of the business from now on.

I've never been more happy about a flood. That gave me the perfect opportunity to get closer to Vi. That and her cat Tallulah that happens to love me. The kitty won't just leave me alone. It followed me all the way to my room.

"You like me that much, uh?" I chuckle as I rub her belly. This cat is amazing and beautiful. The grey fur and her bright green eyes amaze me. And she happens to be very sweet and fond of me. I prefer dogs, always have but there's something about this cat.

After some research, I find that the breed is the russian blue cat. They're smart, playful and shy. I'm interrupted by Vi's whispers "Tallulah?" I chuckle. She must think I'm asleep. Tallulah keeps scratching my arm and playing with my Armani watch.

I decide to quit playing with Vi's poor soul and get up with Tallulah in one hand.

"Looking for something?" I startle her and she jumps.

"Jeez, you keep scaring me," she chuckles as she turns to face me and I chuckle as I take in her pajamas. Especially her shirt that says "Proud cat lady" and some shorts full of cat faces.

"Nice outfit," I joke and she laughs.

"I thought you were asleep," she says as she reaches for Tallulah.

"Yeah, you were whispering," I whisper and she shakes her head.

"She doesn't even want to be with me," she frowns at Tallulah which climbs to my chest.

"Easy there, kitty," I pick her up once more and keep scratching her fur "She followed me all the way to the room. I don't think she'll let me leave in the morning, right?" she purrs again and I chuckle.

"She might jump on your bed," Vi warns.

"It's fine. If you need to get to work later tomorrow it's totally fine," I say as I put Tallulah down. She sits at my feet.

"No, that can happen at all. I got you a meeting with the Palma guy at ten a.m sharp!" her spine straightens and I hold a smirk.

"Alright. I'll see you at eight thirty, tomorrow," she nods and frowns once more as Tallulah follows me inside the room instead of her.

"Traitor," she murmurs.

Tallulah is still asleep by 7 a.m. I go for my usual morning run and when I return all sweaty, Vi is on the kitchen making coffee.

"Morning," she says, she has a towel wrapped on her hair and a robe on. I wonder if she's naked underneath.

"Good morning. Slept well?"

"Best sleep of my life," she almost moans as she remembers it.

"Good, I'll take a shower and I'll be down in a bit," she nods

"Oh, how do you like your coffee?"

"Black. You don't have to make it, I'll do it,"

"Silly, that's the least I can do. Go shower," I love that she's bossing me around.

I shower and shave. I don't bother on drying my hair, instead, I just slicked it back and go to my dressing room. I put a black three-piece Armani suit. I apply cologne as Tallulah gets in the bathroom.

"Hello, there. How's my kitty doing?" she purrs and rubs her head on my ankles. I chuckle and pick her up once more.

I find Vi on the kitchen, this time she's already dressed as well. Her shoulder length hair is wavy as always and I want to tug at those brown locks. Her back is facing me and I enjoy the way these black trousers hug her curves, especially her ass.