Chapter 9

Olivia

I've never been more pampered in my life. Carter gave me a week to show me what if feels like to do this with him and so far? So good. We cook together every day for breakfast and for dinner, have lunch together and fuck like bunnies.

That just might be my favorite part. He fucks like a porn star and never fails to make me soaked with just his words or his simple touch. It's like I'm on fire every time he's around. There's this crazy chemistry between us like anything I've ever felt.

Yesterday, I might have loosened up a bit, I left my panties in his desk drawer and when he called me over the phone and asked if I wanted to play naughty boss and bad secretary? Fuck.

"Ready, princess?" he calls out as he enters the room, I turn to him, feeling so ridiculous in this dress that's probably more expensive than my rent.

"I feel ridiculous," I puff as I turn to see myself on the mirror one more time. The dress is amazing, actually, it fits me like a glove. Makes my curves look even better, it's just so out of my league.

"You look hot," he smiles and puts his hands on my shoulders "Bloody hot," he whispers in my ear and I shiver.

"Yeah? Talk about you in that suit, was that worth five thousand?" I snort.

"Eleven," he corrects and my jaw drops, why would he spend eleven thousand on a suit?

"Are you kidding?" I turn to face him, damn, he looks good in that three-piece black suit. I adjust his black tie and give him a peck on the lips "Is this event that fancy?" I frown and he nods with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.

"I promise you, you'll love it. It's for a good cause. You'll fit right in," he kisses my cheek and reaches for a black box "Only two things missing," he opens it and reaches for the necklace "Turn around," he instructs and I do as he asked me. He slips the necklace into my neck easily and gives me the matching earrings.

I don't have to ask, I know these are real diamonds and that makes me so uncomfortable. He just spent so much money with me, I don't like this and I don't care this is nothing for him.

"I don't like you spending money on me," I admit as I look in the mirror, I look... spectacular.

"Well, too bad. Get used to it," he kisses me once more, his hands traveling from my breast down to my hips "Because every penny was worth it to see you like this. This fucking dress kills me and knowing what you're wearing underneath? It's taking everything in my power not to rip it out of your body," I smile while remembering the sexy lingerie he got me.

I don't care that this is a fancy event. This lifestyle, it's not for me. I don't like the idea of getting ready during the whole afternoon with private hairdressers and makeup artists. I don't like the whole fitting process and the amazing personal stylist he got me. I don't think this is something I'll ever get used to.

I know this event is for a good cause, I know it's meant to help people who aren't lucky to live like him or even me. I know we'll be helping people who have suffered and went through so many bad things during their life, and that, that is the only thing that is making me want to go. That truly makes me happy and fulfilled. It's knowing I'll be helping these people.

"You okay?" he puts his hand on my thigh softly as he drives.

"Yeah," I smile at him.

I expected his town driver to pick us up yet, he surprises me every time. He prefers to spend intimate time with me and for that, I am so grateful to him. Yes, we're in one of his many expensive cars, but it feels way more personal and humble than having someone driving us around.

"Thank you," I say softly and he looks at me with a smile "I appreciate these moments so much, more than you could ever know. It means the world to me to be this close to you. You don't have to treat me like this, yet you do. I know it makes you feel better like you want me to fit into your life. The truth is, I don't fit, Carter. I never will. I prefer getting ready by myself, pick my own dresses from the mall instead of those expensive boutiques. I'm happy with some Zara shoes instead of Louboutins or just silver necklace rather than diamonds." I take a breath "The point is if we're doing this. If I say yes to you, to this lifestyle. I don't want all of this luxury. Because there are so many people out there that we could help with the money. And I know you do, God, you give so much. But I rather make somebody else happy than being covered in luxury," I know realize he stopped the car and is looking at me, his eyes glassy and he reaches a hand to my cheek.

"You're stunning," he kisses me with so much passion, so many feelings in one kiss "So, so stunning. You amaze me every day." he presses his forehead to mine and smiles "We should go, though," he kisses my forehead before starting the car again.

I know he said fancy but this? This is fancy-fancy. Like celebrities are here. Models are here.

"You didn't say it would be this fancy," I whisper in his ear as we walk, my arm linked with his.

"I like to attend this charity event every year, it's becoming bigger," I nod.

"Is that- is that who I'm thinking it is?" I say and Carter nods.

"I told you, it's getting bigger every year" He nods at Tom Cruise and he smiles before walking to us.

"Carter, so nice to see you again," the man shake hands and he turns his focus to me.

"This is my girlfriend, Olivia," Carter says and I greet Tom Cruise. Tom freaking Cruise. But my mind is somewhere else, Carter introduced me as his girlfriend. I smile as we talk smoothly and with no problems until he needs to greet someone else.

"I can't believe you know Tom Cruise," I say as we walk to our table.

"I know a lot of people," Carter pushes the chair for me and sits next to me, unbuttoning his jacket.

Carter introduces me to other people who stop by our table and eventually the rest that joins us.

The host and hostess welcome everyone and thank for the donations before welcoming their special guest who's going to perform tonight. I can see that Carter is smiling at me the whole time until they both say in unison "The Weeknd".

"Are you kidding? Carter!" I tug at his arm and his smile grows.

"Enjoy, princess," he kisses the palm of my hand as the room goes darker.

"Carter!" I whisper, still not believing what's happening but he doesn't do anything, he just keeps smiling and brings me closer as The Weeknd performs.