Chapter Three: Coming Out

Draco stared at the red headed boy in confusion. "What's going on?" Ron sat up slowly and tubbed his head, "Damn, Harry that was awful." Ronald looked up and his face turned ghostly white. "Oh no..." He stood up and tried to leave the room, when he smacked into nothing and fell on his arse. "Hermione! I can't bloody well be in here with him. This is your fault!" He accused.

Draco narrowed his eyes, and stood up straighter, still he bit back the sassy retort that threatened to spill his lips. He was turning a new leaf this year. He was living not in fear of Voldemort, but in fear of his peers. No matter if he saved the entire world eight times would they regard him as even a decent person. Hell, they wouldn't even regard him as human.

But still he wanted to change things, if only for himself. He ran a hand through his hair, fully aware it wasnt so stuck to his head anymore. "Well I'm sorry Ron, how was I supposed to know this would happen?" Ron's face turned another shade paler and Draco wondered if he was going to turn translucent. "A-am I going to have to kiss Malfoy?" He asked, his voice horrified.

Draco raised his eyebrow suspiciously, "Why would you have to kiss me?" His words went ignored when Hermione and Ronald got into it again. Harry stopped their arguing with his hand. "It's okay, I can get them out no matter what the spell is. I've been reading up on spells all summer."

Draco vaguely wondered if he always sounded so hopeless. He squared his shoulders and checked his watch. His mother would be having her tea around this time. "Well, Harry," Draco stated, calmly testing the waters. "Can you get on with it soon, please? I have matters to attend to." Hermione, Snape, Ron, and Harry all turned to stare at him. He blew a tuft of his blonde hair out of his face and tapped him foot impatiently.

Harry scrambled to get out his wand and he pressed it to the repelling force gently. Harry mumbled something quietly, and he pressed his hand through the door. "There we go." Draco was the first to step out of the closet, and Harry snickered. "Coming out are we, Malfoy?" Draco raised an eyebrow at him and tapped Harry's face lightly with the palm of his hand, watching him look confused.

"You can dream on, I'm sure I'll be in most of them anyway." And with that he grasped Snape's cloak and pulled him down the hallway. "What was that about?" He questioned his God father. Snape looked somewhere between confused and anxious, but at the same time he looked stoic. "Whatever do you mean?" He questioned and Draco paused his steps.

He thought perhaps they were all working together, but the thought of Snape working with Gryffindors seemed absurd. "They're up to something that lot." He jutted his chin in the Golden Trio's direction. Snape rolled his eyes, but the look of nervousness increased slightly, which is exactly what Draco was watching for. Of course, even his God father was against him now.

He sighed, and crossed his arms, prepared to complain anyway. "I mean why else would Weasley get the thought that he should kiss me to get out?" Then another thought crossed Draco. "Was he using that muggle fairytale to make a mockery of me? Because I can assure you he is no prince, and nor am I a frog."

Draco stormed down the hall, and Snape was left to panic. The Headmistress didn't want to see him, what was he going to do? Draco opened the door, and Headmistress McGonagall smiled. "Ah, Draco, just the boy I was looking for." Snape felt relief flood him, and McGonagall gave Snape a knowing look.

"I've been wondering if you were okay sharing a single room with only one person. They wouldn't be from the same house of course, and were you to deny, then you would have to sleep in the only extra room. The owlery." Draco looked slightly appalled but figured he'd rather have to put up with one person than a thousand owls.

"Okay, I'll share the room. Who am I dorming with?" McGonagall pursed her lips. "Harry Potter." Draco nodded breifly, but did not question nor deny it. Snape silently cheered in his mind, making sure to keep a stony expression. McGonagall was on their side. Draco raised a blonde eyebrow at Snape's obvious silence.

McGonagall dismissed Draco, and gave Severus a pointed look. "Now then Severus, a word?" When he entered her office, she gestured to the empty seat, and Snape sat down. "Gone for weeks after the war, no words, letters, or owls. There was no traces of your departure and we had no way of finding you."

Severus grimaced at the thought of losing his job. If perhaps he did lose it, then he could not set his plan into action. "I could very well fire you." She stated slowly. "But seeing as how you're here now, I won't." She leaned forward, a small smile plastered in her aged face. "So, what's the plan?"
-

Tomorrow was the day he would start his three day plan. If nothing happened in three days, he agreed to do Ronald's. First, Draco and Harry would not only be placed beside each other in the front of the room, they would be potions partners. And Snape would tell Harry that he needed extra help, therefore offering his god child as a personal tutor. Spending that much time together would make anyone grow closer. Tomorrow was the day.

After Headmistress McGonagall dismissed him, he went home and started preparing for the next day. After owling Granger and the Weasley, making it invisible to anyone's eye except their own, he sent them out. He got a reply from Weasley before Granger, and nodded to himself at the willingness of his to help. He was going to get the two together if it killed him.

A/N: Sorry about the shitty chapter, I guess it was more of a filler. I promise the next chapter will be better. In the mean time, drop some suggestions in the comment box. Thanks!

-X