Chapter Seven: Group Meeting

Snape was in an awful mood, the two idiots had just done nothing, and now the two were avoiding each other like day one.
Two oblivious moronic little prats whom had to get together very soon, preferably before next week. But definitely not because  he and Minerva had placed bets on it. That was clearly not the reason.

Now he sat, three other people staring at him in anticipation of what he'd witnessed last night. He had half a mind to tell McGonagall that the two had snogged so hard they managed to make the mirror crack, but he knew that she would know it was a lie since she did reprimand him for cracking the mirror with his fist when the two had left. She'd caught him in the hospital wing.

Ron was the first to break his train of thought, "Well?" Snape sighed, and told them all what happened. Minerva looked deep in thought as Granger and Weasley looked cross. To surprise everyone, McGonagall smirked. "Is everyone here familiar with the red ribbon jinx?" Everyone, including Severus looked baffled. "No?"

She sighed, "God I'm old... Anyways the red ribbon jinx makes two people unable to get further than four foot away from one another. Kinda like the red strings of fate, except we will be tempering with the binds. And I could always have the DADA teacher make them pair up and raise an animal of their choice..."

Hermione stopped her, "That would be too obvious. It's never been done before so of course the two would look into it. Harry is more nosy than I would care to admit." McGonagall scowled, "Well anyways, if they try going more than four foot apart, it forces them togethe, and the jinx is irreversible until one confesses their love, or the two share a kiss, and it only works if the two have secret feelings which we all know they harbor."

The four all exchanged looks, and finally, Minerva threatened them all into letting her do what she pleased. The four split up, ready to set their plan into action. At dinner that evening, McGonagall mumbled the jinx, making sure no one was paying attention, and it struck the two immediately. Draco screamed when his body jerked him towards the Gryffindor table.

Harry stared confused, until his body started pulling towards Draco. The two screamed, and collided, lip to lip. The cafeteria sat int stunned silence, and when the two sat up, red faced, they said nothing, and went their separate ways.

Snape had finally had enough, and he let out the manliest scream he could muster in his frustrated state. The entire cafeteria turned it's attention to him, the two boys forgotten. Snape stood up, and pointed his wand at Draco, as the room looked horrified.

Snape composed himself and dismissed himself from the lunch room, planning to make veritaserum.
-

Snape had finally done it, the perfect plan to get the two together. He woke up extra early, and slipped some in the pumpkin juice, then bewitched it to only affect Draco and Harry.

Then Snape waited. Come breakfast time, the two walked in, both noticably sleepy. Draco and Harry had yet to take notice that the place wasn't empty, and the two were talking. "I just don't understand, they're up to something that lot. But why am I involved?" Draco asked slowly, sleep lacing his every word in a droopy manor. Harry rubbed his eyes, "Yeah, and to have Snape and McGonagall together... It's almost as if they're trying to set us up."

Snape froze and wondered vaguely if it was too late to take back what he had already done, even though he knew it was. He calmly sat at the teachers table, and listened quietly. He watched Draco and Harry's eyes widen, and the two look at one another. "You don't think that's it, do you?" Draco said, his voice calm, and measured, as if he knew every word were going to weigh down on Harry's shoulders.

Harry pressed his lips into a thin line and nodded grimly. Draco sighed, "Look I don't want to pressure you into anything, but I don't think dating would be such a bad idea." Draco fought the blush that painted his cheeks, and Harry turned a vibrant red. "I mean I'm okay with it if you are..." Harry let his voice trail off, and he was left to wonder if Draco even liked him.

Snape watched wide eyed, open mouthed, and blood red in anger. Why couldn't the two bloody well do that from the beginning. Snape rushed back into the kitchen, but all was too late, and by the time he rushed back, the two were at their respective tables, sipping pumpkin juice.

The potion had already begun to take effect and the amount he had given them was going to last at least an hour. When he saw McGonagall, he gave her the biggest look if horror he could muster. When she arrives beside him, she gave him a disappointed look. "Severus, what in the name of Merlin did you do this time?" Snape frowned and explained the situation, and how much of a dosage he'd given each of them.

McGonagall scolded him, but grinned when he mentioned the dating, and finally just sighed. "Well then we'll have to keep them in their shared dorm all morning." She shook her head. "Honestly, Severus, what were you thinking?" She pursed her lips and he shrugged sheepishly. "It seemed like a great idea at the time."

She shook her head,"You go tell Mr. Malfoy, and I'll inform Mr. Potter." The two went their separate ways quickly, as students began filing in at last. The two were sent to their room, with a promise of a house elf bringing them the food they hadn't gotten to eat yet. They'd had time, but neither one had eaten a morsel, too busy thinking what it had meant, and what it could mean.

Snape and Minerva sighed, when Ronald and Hermione came towards them, after they'd looked everywhere for their raven haired friend.

A/N: hey. It's been awhile kinda. Sorry school just started back so my updates will become less frequent. Yesterday I broke my toe (totally off subject btw) and now people keep stepping on my damn foot. Like, sis???? Anyways I was gonna just do a oneshot but like??? No. Like, leave a comment, tell me what the fuck I should do with my life.  On an unrelated note, hi, how are you? Thanks. Anywhore, I'mma go.

-X