19

It must be karma, or just plain stupidity. Of all the pains she's been feeling for weeks, a fever and bad cold added up to the list. She deserved it, she thought. Living alone in an apartment quite big for her never felt so empty and lonely. She should be used to being lonely.

She looked around to see if she had any medicines left. No one's gonna take care of her, nor anyone to call to tell that she's badly sick and in pain. She thought of Lisa's offer, but that would be just too much. Lisa doesn't deserve that, nor does she.

"Nothing" She sighed as she closed the medicine cabinet in her room. She doesn't have a choice but to go out and buy all the stuff that she needs for the time being that she's sick.

She grabbed her warmest coat and went on her way to the nearest convenience store.

The clouds are getting dark again. Jisoo tried to go faster so she wouldn't end up getting soaked by the rain again. As soon as she reached the store, she immediately asked for medicines and went to get some quick groceries she would need for the rest of the week.

As she was about to get some sports drink, she was met with a tall figure that she grew familiar with. She stood there patiently, watching the girl get her drinks while carrying a basket full of snacks and ice cream. When she turned around, their eyes met, taken aback.

"Jisoo"

"Chaeyoung" she said, also coughing in the process.

"You look like shit" She mused, stepping back as Jisoo grabbed bottles and putting them in her basket. "Wait, I mean are you okay? You look sick."

"I feel like shit and I'm sick." She shrugged. "Let me help you with that."

Jisoo didn't have the chance to say no as Chaeyoung swiftly took the heavy basket from her weak arms. She could only sigh. Chaeyoung put her hand on the girl's forehead, feeling the heat touch her skin

"Your fever's high. I'll help you get home."

"Why? Aren't you mad at me?"

Chaeyoung thanked the cashier as she was handed two bags of their groceries. Jisoo followed her outside the store, still waiting for an answer.

"You hurt Lisa, so I should be mad" Jisoo looked ahead, feeling worse to hear it from her best friend. "But I know you're hurting too"

Chaeyoung thanked the cashier as she was handed two bags of their groceries. Jisoo followed her outside the store, still waiting for an answer.

"You hurt Lisa, so I should be mad" Jisoo looked ahead, feeling worse to hear it from her best friend. "But I know you're hurting too"

The girl stopped, making her stop too. Jisoo turned and saw that they're already in front of her apartment. She opened the door and let the girl in.

"Thanks for the help" She coughed again "and for understanding me." Chaeyoung only smiled sadly.

"She's doing a bit better now.."