ch. 3

Namjoon P.O.V

-Wednesday-

11:47 a.m 

*ting*

I immediately stand up from my position behind the counter and lock eyes with the mysterious girl. There's a silence as she just stands in front of the entrance. I decide to break the silence. 

"Ah, you're back," I say.

She nods and walks to the counter with her head down. She opens her mouth to talk but I interrupt her. 

"A white camellia?" 

She timidly smiles and nods. "Yes please," she whispers. But instead of going to the back room like I usually do, I surprise her and take out some white camellias from under the counter. Her eyes widen in shock and she looks up at me. 

I rub the back of my neck. "I was sort of... expecting you to come. Again." 

Her mouth forms an "o" as she understands. A blush creeps up from her ears and spread to her cheeks. "I hope I'm not bothering you," she mutters. 

I shake my head. "No, no, it's fine, really. I just don't have a lot of customers since this is a new shop, and you came here the last two days so I sort of know you." I pause to clear my throat. "And... it's nice having company."  

She flashes me a grateful smile. I wave my hands to the flowers, telling her to pick one. Once she does, I ring her up. But instead of giving the flower to her, I take a white satin ribbon from under the counter and tie a perfect bow on the stem. 

It looks elegant. 

I grin and look up at the girl. She wears a shocked expression on her face. My smile immediately fades when I see tears forming in her eyes as she grasps the flower in her hand and gazes at it.  

I was so confused. 

"Miss, are you okay?" I ask. "What's wrong?" 

She slowly raises her head to look at me and gives me a small, sad smile. Then she looks back down at the ivory flower. 

"M-my mother..." she chokes. She takes a deep breath and clears her throat. 

"My mother used to t-tie my hair with ribbons." 

What? 

"She's gone now." 

"Oh my god," I whisper. "I'm so sorry for your loss." I bow to her and take another camellia from the vase and give it to her. "Here. Take this one. No charge. I'm sorry I made you recall painful memories." 

She shakes her head and refuses the camellia in my hand, stroking the flower in her hand and looking at it. "It's okay. I'm taking too long to move on, anyways." She looks back at me. "I should be thanking you instead." 

Now it was my turn to shake my head. "No. Every person has their own timeline. You move on when you want to. Don't force yourself." I give her a small smile. "I learned that the hard way." 

"I see," she whispers. She raises her head and stares into my eyes. "I'm sorry for your loss." 

I give her a reassuring smile. "It's okay. He's been gone for awhile now." 

She looks away and glances at a watch on her wrist. "I'm sorry... I should get going." 

I nod. "Come back soon."

She timidly smiles at me and bows, starting to walk away. "I will." 

But as she pushes the door open, I cry out, "Wait!" 

She turns her head and tilts it, curious. "Yes?" 

I hesitate for a moment but eventually decide to speak. 

"What's... what's your name, miss?" 

She gently waves the camellia at me and giggles. "Kim Inna. I'm Kim Inna." 

And with that, she left the shop holding the bow-tied flower. 

I stare into space for a moment, thinking and holding the other flower. 

Inna. 

Such a pretty name for a pretty girl.