ch. 6

Namjoon P.O.V 

-Thursday-

11:44 a.m 

"Thanks bro. You saved my life." 

I smile. "No problem. Come back anytime you need help." 

The short guy, who told me his name was Jimin, waves goodbye at me and opens the door. I've turned away from the entrance when I hear him say, "Oh, I'm sorry miss. I didn't mean to bump into you." 

I whip around to see Inna shyly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "It's okay," she says. "It was an accident." 

Jimin bows to her and she walks into the shop. Her face suddenly lights up when she sees me. She opens her mouth to say something, then frowns. 

"What?" I chuckle. She was adorable. 

She turns a little red. "I just realized I don't know your name," she admits. "You know mine, but I never asked for yours." 

I laugh. "That's okay. I'm just the owner of a flower shop, so I don't expect you to know my name." 

She walks up to the counter and stands in front of me, looking into my eyes. "Yeah, I guess that makes sense. But it would make me feel a lot better if you told me your name... and everything about you." 

I smile. "Well, my name is Kim Namjoon, and I'm twenty-four. I'm the only child in my family and I enjoy my job, even though my mother disapproves of it. My father..." I hesitate. "My father's in a better place." 

Her eyes widen. "Ah, I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't of made you tell me your personal information! It's sensitive, I get that, and it probably hurts bringing these things up. Please forgive me." She bows, creating a ninety degree angle. I laugh.

"No, it's fine, really. I got over it. Remember what I told you a few days ago?" 

I could see the wheels turning in her head as she processed my words. 

"You learned to move on the hard way," she whispered, peering at me. 

I smiled. "That's right. But I'm fine now." I reach under the counter and place her camellias onto the counter. "Is there anything else you want to know about me?" 

She hesitates but finally speaks. "Where do you spend your weekends at?" 

"What?" I ask, a little taken back.

She blushes. "A-are you free this Saturday?" 

I tilt my head, a smile beginning to creep onto my face. "Are you asking me out?" I tease, enjoying the redness that covered the tips of her ears. 

Her eyes widen and she waves her hands. "N-no! No, absolutely not. I-I mean, I was just wondering if you would like to hang out this weekend and get to know each other better. If you don't want to, I totally understand, and y-you don't need to say yes to make me feel better," she rambles, avoiding eye contact. 

I laugh. "I was just teasing you, Inna. Yes, I am free this Saturday. Is there a specific place you would like to go this weekend? I have a car, so I can take you there." 

She relaxes and relief is visibly written on her face. "I was thinking in a nearby park?"

I nod. "Sounds good. Why don't you send me the instructions through your phone? That way, I can use my phone as a GPS." 

She nods. "Ah, okay." We take out our phones and exchange numbers. I notice that her screen is badly cracked, as if she threw it at the wall and then smashed it onto concrete."I'll send you the instructions later, if you don't mind."

I put away my phone, satisfied now that I have her number. "Okay, take your time." I smile. "Now, would you like your camellia?" 

. . . 

We wave at each other as she exits the shop, knowing that we'll see each other tomorrow. Once she's out of my view, I peer at my phone, making sure that her contact is still there. 

Now what do I do?

I shrug and start to clean the shop.

She'll probably send me the directions either today or tomorrow, I think.

I grin, excited for Saturday, even though Inna made it clear that it wasn't a date. 

"Maybe I'll ask her out next week," I mutter, talking to myself. "then I can get her a new phone." 

I shake my head. "No, too soon." Then I grin. "But damn, you were so smooth when it came to getting her number." 

Believe it or not, I was a little proud of myself. 

Inna P.O.V

11:53 a.m

As I walk to the graveyard, I replay the scene in my head. I could imagine my face turning read and my stammering. 

I mentally smack myself for being to awkward.

You're real smooth, I think. Now he probably thinks you're a bit weird. 

But in spite of all the embarrassment, I smile. I know his name now and a little bit about him, so he's not a complete stranger. He agreed to spend Saturday with me to get to know each other better. 

I suddenly gasp, drawing the attention of a few nearby strangers. I ignore their annoyed gazes and keep walking, getting out my phone. 

Shoot, I forgot to tell him what time, I think. 

But at this time, I arrived at the graveyard and decided that I could tell Namjoon the information later. I opened the gate and walked to the middle of the graveyard to a familiar spot under a willow tree. I duck under the sweeping leaves of the tree and smile when I see two gravestones near the trunk of the tree. I kneel down and place the white camellia in the middle of the two stones like I always do. 

There was a small pile of camellias now, some dying away and some still fresh. I throw away the rotten ones and sit in front of the two stones with a small smile on my face. 

"Hi mom. Hi Nana."