ch. 7

Namjoon P.O.V

-Friday-

11:01 a.m 

I was deep in my thoughts when I heard the bell ting, telling me that the shop door had opened. Peeking over a few flowers, I grin when Taehyung and Jungkook stumbled in. 

"Joonie!" Taehyung exclaims, and barrels towards me. I open my arms as he flew into my embrace, laughing at his enthusiasm. 

"Hey, Tae. Hi, Jungkook." 

Jungkook looks up from inspecting a bunch of roses and gives me a little wave. "Hi, Namjoon." 

I look down at the smiling Taehyung in my arms. "What brings you here, cousin?"

He wriggles out of my grasp and sheepishly looks at the ground. "I-I want to apologize for my behavior a few days ago." He rubs the back of his neck. "I promise this won't happen again." 

I give him a small smile and pat his head. "It's okay. I'm your cousin, so it's my job to take care of you. No big deal." 

Taehyung peers at Jungkook, who is occupied with a tulip, making sure he can't overhear us. Tae looks back at me and whispers, "I want to stop drinking." 

I roll my eyes. "About time." 

Taehyung smacks my arm playfully. "But I don't know how," he admits. 

"Ask your boyfriend to help you. He's plenty sober."

Taehyung sighs. "But I don't want Jungkook to help me. I've already cause so much trouble for him. Plus, you have the same experience as me." 

I hesitate, then nod. "Okay, I'll help you. But are you going to tell Jungkook?" 

"No, I'm going to make it a surprise," Taehyung grins. 

I raise an eyebrow. "How? It's a gradual process."

Taehyung frowns. "I'll think of something..." His eyes suddenly light up. "Oh! I could throw a party and the banner could say 'I'm sober now!'" 

I smack his head. "That's probably the lamest idea you've ever had." I think for a bit. "Wait, I take that bad. The second lamest idea you've ever had." 

"What was the first one?" 

"Telling your parents that you're gay by introducing them to your boyfriend, then running away to my house where you didn't pick up any of their calls for four days straight." 

"Ah, right." Taehyung frowns. "But that doesn't solve the problem. How am I supposed to surprise Kookie?" 

I pat his head. "He'll notice eventually. He's very observant, so I'm sure he'll get around." 

"And if he doesn't?" Taehyung peers up at me with wide eyes. 

"Then one afternoon, when everything's calm, tell him that you're sober and that you've stopped drinking. Easy as that." 

Taehyung frowns. "That's not very surprising." 

"It will be when it comes out of your mouth," I scoff. 

He hits me and we break out in laughter, attracting Jungkook's attention. He wanders over to our direction and hugs Taehyung from behind. "What's so funny?" he mumbles, planting a kiss on my cousin's neck. 

"U-uh, I, uh," Taehyung stammers, distracted by the pressure that was placed on his neck. Jungkook turns him around so that they're face-to-face and they start making out.

I scrunch up my nose in disgust. "Hello? I'm still here?" 

They ignore me as a moan comes out from one of them. Who, I'm not sure. 

I shudder. "Get a room, you two." 

Jungkook finally breaks away, still keeping his eyes on my cousin. "Okay." 

And with that, they leave my shop in a hurry. 

I roll my eyes. "Kids and their hormones," I mutter, returning to stand behind the counter. 

11:45

The bell tings again and I look up from my phone, seeing a familiar girl enter the shop. I smile as she approaches the counter with a smile on her face. 

"Hiya, Namjoon," she says shyly, tucking a stray hair behind her ear. 

I chuckle. "Good morning, Inna. What's up?"

She puts a five-dollar bill on the counter and grins at me, unusually happy. "Oh, nothing much." 

The circles under her eyes had completely disappeared at this point, and she looked totally different from the timid girl that I met on Monday. She had a happy aura around her and her face shone with a healthy glow. 

I take the five and give her change, then set the camellias on the counter, watching her choose a flower. 

"C'mon, something good must've happened! I usually don't make you this happy," I whined, earning a giggle from her. 

She takes a camellia in her hand and twirls it around. "You do make me happy, Namjoon. You are a big part of my schedule now." 

I laugh at her attempt to flirt. "But seriously, did something wonderful happen?" 

She finally gives in. "My brother is coming back from the army in two days!" she squeals, hopping around. I laugh. "It's been so long since I've seen him." 

I get out of the counter, walking over to her hopping figure. "What's his name?" I ask. "How old is he?" 

She stops hopping to look me in the eyes. "His name is Seokjin and he's twenty-six. He's also a self-deemed worldwide handsome." She motions me closer and whispers in my ear, "You have no idea how many of my friends have crushed on him." 

I laugh with her, amused at the thought. "Congrats, then. Is he coming back to stay?" 

She frowns. "Only for a few months, but I can make it work." 

She looked so cute...

Without thinking, I unconsciously patted her head, drawing her attention. She looked at me with wide eyes, then smiled. 

I return her smile, not realizing that our faces have gotten dangerously close. My laughter dies and I widen my eyes in alarm as I notice her stare at my lips, making me bite them. She looks up at me hesitantly, as if asking for permission. In response, I close the remaining space between us and our lips lock together, molding into each other. 

It was almost magical.