ch. 8

Namjoon P.O.V

-Saturday-

9:32 a.m

My phone tings and I wake up with a groan. Rolling onto my side, I reach over and pick up the device. My weariness immediately disappears when I see who's texting me.

Inna: Good morning! I hope I didn't wake you up...

Namjoon: Morning. Nah, you didn't. It's all good.

Namjoon: What's up?

Inna: I just remembered that I have to give you the location and time of our meet up hehe

Namjoon: Oh yeah

Namjoon: Do you have a specific time you want to meet up at? I'm free all day.

Inna: Hmm

Inna: Why don't you meet me at Yeouido Park at 11:30? Do you mind if we go out for lunch?

Namjoon: Not at all! I'll see you there! :)

Inna: See you

I shut my phone off and try to suppress the giggles that are threatening to rise out of my throat. Instead, I sigh, flopping on the bed.

Kim Namjoon does not giggle, I scold myself. He is manly.

I think for a moment.

Then I just can't help it.

I let a dreamy smile take over my face, not caring if I looked silly.

But she's just so... cute.

. . .

I'm walking in the park when I spot Inna sitting calmly on a bench, watching small children play under the shade of trees. There's a ghost of a smile on her face, as if watching the kids stirred a sad memory in her.

So delicate.

"Hey," I say, approaching her. She's knocked into reality and looks up at me in surprise. 

"Oh, hi!" 

She slides over to make room for me on the bench and I sit down next to her. For a few moments, we just sit in silence, looking at the cherry blossoms that are blooming. After a while, I decide to tease her a little bit, just for fun.

"About that kiss-"

"I'm sorry-"

We look at each other in surprise, and I chuckle as I watch her face turn into a shade of pink. "Uh-" 

"You go first," I say, watching her internal struggle. It was kind of funny, to be honest. 

Her face slowly transitions into the shade of a tomato as she stammers. "I, uh, I-I'm sorry about the k-"

She swallows and looks away, the humiliation clearly shown on her face. 

"The kiss," she whispers, and face with her small hands.

I softly chuckle. "Inna-" 

She looks up at me with a desperate expression and yelled out, "I'm sorry! It was an accident! I was just really caught up in the moment and at that point, you looked like total boyfriend material so me being stupid, stupid me, decided to kiss you!" 

I blink and stand there in shock, trying to process her words.

Boyfriend material?

As if to prove it possible, Inna's face grows even redder and she covers it with her hands. "Goddammit, I messed up again," she groans, and I just stand there, pleased with the idea of being Inna's boyfriend.

The image that I drew up in my head looks nice.

I give her a small smile, even though she is still covering her face, and hug her. She lets out a squeak of surprise, rigid at my touch. Slowly, she relaxes and struggles to hug me back too. We just stand there under the pink blossoms, hugging each other, feeling the happiness slowly sink into our bones.

After who knows how long, I have the urge to pull away to look at her face. I do and she's staring up at me with wide eyes, her face showing disbelief.

"Namjoon?" she whispers, unsure of herself.

"Yeah?" I brush her hair away from her face and smile down at her. "What's up?"

"I-"

She hesitates.

"I don't know what this means," she admits a bit reluctantly.

I tilt my head to the side. "What do you mean?"

She bites her lip, a small action that almost drives me crazy. "I mean, I don't know what to do now. I  haven't been a relationship before or had any romantic feelings towards anyone for a long time so..."

I chuckle. "I see. So you want to  know what this relationship is now, since that I just hugged you?" 

She looks away. "And kissed," she mutters, and I laugh.

"Well..."

She looks at me expectantly, a small, excited smile starting to form on her face.

"I think-"

Wham

A soccer ball hits the side of my face and knocks me to the ground, my glasses clattering on the pavement. My head hits the ground and after hearing Inna scream, the world turns black.

A/N:

Update 'cause guess what day it is?

IT'S MY BIAS'S BIRTHDAY AHHHH

Kim Namjoon I appreciate you so much. Thank you for making me laugh, smile, cry, and everything in between. You are loved by so many people and even though you are the god of destruction, you are the cutest, smartest, sexiest god of destruction I have ever seen. We love you and have a great birthday <3

~minjee