The Root Of The Problem

CHAPTER 7

"So Kelly we did not talk about your family at all yesterday, would you be willing to share a little about it with me." My therapist had said at the start of our next session. "I have strict parents or a strict mother should I say she is not into eating healthy or taking care of herself. I constantly fight with her I'm lucky she let me get a job; she would not let my older sister get a job until she went out on her own. My mom is overbearing and high strung, and she thinks she's perfect, and there is no telling her otherwise. I am close with my father though he understands me and is easy to talk to and laid back." I said. "Ok so your relationship with your mom is strained there is not much you can do about her or her behavior but you do have control over yours what is something you would like to have control over and change about yourself as far as your relationship with her is concerned?" "I could be more accepting and tolerant towards her." "That is a good start. Let's explore this a little further." The week goes by, and on the weekends the parents and family members can come and visit you, so my dad came to see me on Saturday afternoon. "Honey I wanted to tell you this in person it has not been good at home with mom and I since you have been in here, it has been worse, constantly fighting and at each other's throats, so I filed for divorce. Your mother these past few days have been at your grandmother's house." "Does Morgan know?" "Yes she knows, and she knows you are in here as well she is trying to stay tough but I know she is crying inside, it's a lot for a ten-year-old to have to deal with at once." My dad had said. "I'm so sorry daddy," I say as I start bawling. "What are you sorry for?" my dad had asked. "For my illness and you and mom splitting it up, all of it is my fault." "No none of this is your fault honey, mom and I have not been getting along for a while anyway it would have happened whether or not you got sick. You need to think about yourself right now and focus on getting better, stronger I need you to stay tough and to fight can you do that for me?" "I will try," I said through sobs. "Good now stop your crying everything is going to be ok." My dad had said. I wipe my tears away and hug him after he leaves an hour later I go back to my room, and curl up under the covers and cry, a little while later Ramona comes in to check on me. "Hello Kelly I've been looking for you, it's time now to go to dinner." "I'm not hungry." "Yeah but you still at least need to try to eat a little bit." "No," I yell. "Am I going to have to drag you to the cafeteria kicking and screaming?" "Leave me alone." I scream at the top of my lungs. "ok you have two options I can force fed you, or we can hook you up to an IV it's your choice." Ramona had said. "Get out." I start kicking and screaming in the bed. "Is everything ok in here?" asks a nurse opening my bedroom door. "She does not want to eat refuses to go to the cafeteria." "Kelly it is Jenny you need to calm down and go eat some dinner, ok. Let's go." I am still kicking and screaming, "Leave me the fuck alone." Now more nurses are coming in to see what all the commotion is about. "You don't want her to hurt herself put the bed restraints on her." Another nurse had yelled. Two seconds later I am shackled to the bed, and I cannot move at all, my breathing is getting heavy, "Stop." I scream. Nurses are in and out scrambling around; in the meantime, Jenny comes back in with a shot, a needle. "Ok, Kelly closes your eyes and takes a deep breath." After about fifteen minutes of my not complying one hand is covering my eyes another one is covering my mouth, a pinch I feel on my arm, I bite the hand that is covering my mouth. "AAAAAAHHHH, she just bites me." "She will be asleep in a minute I will take a look at your hand, and then we have to start an IV line on her it's the only way we are going to get any nutrients in her tonight." Jenny had said. "I just spoke with Addison she wants us to move Kelly to the psych ward." Another nurse had said while walking into the room. "Then she wants us to notify the family." I can feel myself starting to fall asleep then a few minutes later the bed I can feel is being moved. I sleep through the night no problem.