New Home, New Problems

Peter sat, nodding along to Mr. Stark's every word. He was mostly staring out the window and not listening to a single thing that was being said to him. Eventually, he sensed the quiet that came when Tony realized that Peter wasn't listening. He didn't mind the silence, but it gave his mind an awful lot of room to run wild with his thoughts.

Normally, Peter liked thinking about things. He liked the decisions that came from thinking, but everything that had happened today was really screwing with his brain. He had planned on telling May that he was Spiderman, but after a longer time. This was exactly what he was afraid was going to happen, and what happened today was something that had been plucked straight from his nightmares.

And, he didn't want to over-exhaust his stay at Mr. Stark's house, either. He figured a day or two would be enough before they would get annoyed having him around. Peter knew that Mr. Stark had never had a kid, so why would he want to keep Peter around longer than he had to?

"Earth to Peter." Tony chanted over and over again until Peter shook his head and looked at Mr. Stark.

"Oh, uh sorry. What is it?" He says, his cheeks flushing a light pink.

"How are you doing?" The car is stopped and Tony leans over the driver's seat to see Peter, who shrugs. "I'm doing fine."

"Really?" Mr. Stark says skeptically. "Cause I've been calling your name for the past five minutes and you just sat there." He hastily tacks on, "Do you want to talk about anything?"

"Uh, no. Really, Mr. Stark, I'm fine. Thank you for letting me stay with you for a few days." Peter says, climbing out of the car and into the large, cement lined garage.

"Woah, hold it." Tony had climbed out as well and now sticks an arm in front of Peter. "You're staying for more than a few days."

"I guess I just figured that you guys would get... I don't know, annoyed by me or something." Peter looks down at the ground, suddenly embarrassed.

"Peter, you're allowed to stay for a long time." Tony grins and moves his hand from in front of Peter. Peter smiles up at Tony. "Thanks, Mr. Stark."

"Of course, kid. C'mon, I'll show you to your room." He leads Peter through the long hallways and finally to a room at the end of one of the longest ones. On the way, he pointed out the kitchen, several of the bathrooms, and his and Pepper's room. Peter wouldn't ever dare say it out loud, but he liked the fact that Tony's room was only three doors down from his. Being close to Tony made him feel safer.

"Well, go ahead!" Tony laughs. "Go check it out!" He leans against the door frame as Peter sets down his bag and starts to explore the room.

Every few minutes, Tony hears a gasp or a "no way!" from Peter that makes a grin slip across his face. Finally, Peter comes bounding back, more energetic and happier than he's been all day.

"Mr. Stark, this room is amazing!" He cries. "Is it really all for me?"

"No, we're making you share with Happy." Tony keeps a straight face for a few seconds as he watches Peter's excited expression turn to a grimace.

"That's a joke, right?" Peter says hopefully. Tony just nods with a grin. Peter laughs and then sprints across the room and flips onto the bed.

"Hey, hey, don't break anything." Tony points at Peter, who nods sheepishly.

"Sorry, Mr. Stark. I won't break anything. I swear." He adopts a very serious face and then watches as Tony moves down the hall and out of sight.

"Hello, Peter Parker." A computerized voice like Karen's calls out from all around him. It startles Peter so bad that he jumps and ends up on the ceiling.

"I'm sorry, Peter." The voice says. Peter falls off the ceiling and runs a hand through his hair. "Oh, uh it's fine."

"My name is FRIDAY. Mr. Stark asked me to identify your voice so that you may give me commands. Please say, 'My name is Peter Parker'." Peter looks around for a microphone or something that he should be speaking into, but finds nothing.

Awkwardly, he says, "My name is Peter Parker." After a few seconds of wondering if he did it right, a little ding sounds and FRIDAY starts talking again. "Thank you, Peter. Do you have anything that you'd like me to do for you?"

"Uh, not right now, thanks." Peter eyes his backpack and rushes to it. He starts unpacking his suitcase and taking his homework out from his backpack. Tomorrow's a Sunday, but he wants to get ahead anyways. He decides to save that for later, and pushes the thick books and school supplies on his desk.

He pulls out his phone and the charger. He almost drops the phone when he reads the screen.

You have 187 unread messages

You have 32 new voicemails

You have 36 missed calls

Who could have... He opens the phone and clicks on his messages app. They're all from Aunt May.

He scrolls through, stopping at the newest ones.

You little brat.

I'm calling the police right now.

Whatever the hell you think you're doing with Tony Stark is a mistake.

I'll have you back within the day, Peter.

And the newest one: When I get my hands you, Peter Benjamin Parker, you're going to regret this immensely.

Peter quickly tosses his phone across the room. Instead of hitting the bed, like he intended, the phone instead flies quickly into the wall and makes a large bang. Within a second, Tony is at the doorway, worriedly looking at Peter.

"What was that noise? Are you okay?" He steps into the room. Peter eyes the phone, which fell on the ground. Tony follows his eyes then looks back at Peter. "What happened?"

"I'm fine. Everything is fine." Peter says quickly. Too quickly. Tony's eyes narrow as he looks back at the phone. He moves swiftly across the room and grabs it. Peter gives him the pleading eyes. "Really, Mr. Stark, it's nothing. I swear, I'm fine. Everything is fine."

"FRI, data analysis on the phone." Tony looks at Peter. FRIDAY announces Peter's password and Tony opens the phone. Peter silently chides himself for leaving it on the screen with Aunt May's horrible messages. Tony scrolls through them, his eyebrows raising after reading each message.

"Peter, why didn't you take this to me?" Tony says in a whisper.

"I didn't want to worry you, plus it's no big deal, Mr. Stark, really." Peter says desperately, reaching out for the phone.

"Peter, she's literally threatening your life. I'd call that a big deal." Tony hand the phone back and sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Pete, I want you to know that you can trust me. You can tell me stuff." He gives Peter a look.

"I know." Peter nods and smiles encouragingly. "Thank you, Mr. Stark." Tony nods and walks down the hallway. He wonders how he's even supposed to do this, how to keep Peter protected. He has no idea how the hell to take care of a kid. I mean, how much do they eat? Drink? Sleep? Do they need daily walks? Daily showers? Sighing, Tony Stark realizes it might be time to research how to take care of a teenager.

//AN// Hey guys!! I know that this chapter was sorta boring, but trust me, it'll get so much better from here on out! Love you all and thank you so much for all the views and votes! Do you have an opinion, idea, question, or even just a fun remark? Feel free to comment! I love responding to your guys' comments. Alright, have a great day and I might post the next chapter later today cause I'm sooooo bored rn haha //AN//