The Movie

For three days, Peter had been moping around the tower. Tony had hardly seen him, and he was starting to worry about the kid. I mean, how can a teenager sit in his room, almost silent for three days straight? The only times that Tony saw Peter was during meals, and most times, Peter would just take the food into his room, leaving Tony to eat alone.

To be honest, he was starting to wonder if he'd done something wrong. He wanted to ask Peter, but he didn't think the kid would really be open to talking to him. Still, he wanted to get Peter out of the tower. And he knew just the way to do it.

"Knock knock, Pete." Tony taps slightly on Peter's open door. He looks up from his bed, a small grin moving onto his face.

"Whatcha doin?" He leans against the door frame, watching Peter close his textbook and rub his eyes. "Just some homework."

"All weekend? That must be some homework." Tony scoffs. "Think you can take a small break?" Peter's eyes grow wide as he nods.

"What are we going to do, Mr. Stark?" Peter is up out of his chair and in front of Tony. He bounces on his feet, grinning.

"I was thinking a movie." Tony says. "I hear that new Star Wars one is pretty good." Peter jumps up, pumping his fist in the air. "Yes!" After his outburst, he looks at Tony, who has an amused smile on his face.

"I mean, yes, Mr. Stark, that sounds amazing." He composes his excitement just a little bit.

"Get ready. I'll see you in the garage in ten." He closes the door and goes to get ready. Ten minutes later, they're both in the garage. Peter has a very excited look on his face, and looks ready to explode with happiness. He jumps up and down, and grins even wider when he sees Tony.

"Ready to go?" Tony swings open the door to a blue mercedes.

"Actually, do you think we could walk to the theatre?" Peter asks, his big, innocent eyes peering up at Tony.

"Yeah, sure, kid. With the amount of energy you have, we probably need to before you explode." Tony laughs and slams shut the door. They walk out of the garage and down the street. It's only a ten minute walk, and it's hardly eventful. Apparently people on the street aren't looking for Tony Stark walking with a teenager. That, and Tony is wearing a t-shirt and shorts, so it's harder to recognize him.

The finally get to the movie theatre, where there starts to be a problem. Several people notice who he actually is, and who he's with.

"OHMYGODIT'STONYSTARK!!" One loud, teenage girl screams in a high pitched voice. Immediately, Peter and Tony are cramped into a ring of people, all clambering for a picture, autograph, or personal conversation.

"Who's the kid?"

"Mr. Stark, smile!"
"What movie are you going to see?" The questions are never ending, and Peter is starting to turn a little white. The flashes from the camera and the constant uproar of yelling voices are throwing his spidey senses way off. It's so bad, in fact, that he start to feel light headed, and leans against Tony for support.

"Hey!" Tony yells, throwing his hands to the side and putting Peter's arm over his shoulders. The loud talking stops and everyone takes a step back.

"You people are all great." He stares at each expectant face. "Great, great, great. But you're all a bunch of idiots. Let us pass, now." he shoves through, half dragging, half leading Peter behind him. They duck into the theatre and Tony pulls Peter to the side hallway once inside.

"Hey, kid. Are you okay?" Tony let's Peter slump against the wall and slide down. He just nods, shakes his head and bounds back to his feet after a minute. He's still tipsy, and seems to wobble a small bit when he walks, but he's back to his normal color and insists that he's fine, so Tony allows him to pick their seats in the movie theatre. They're close to the middle, and Peter has already forgotten about what happened. He's bouncing in his seat and rapidly whispering. Tony shushes him three times before giving up, realizing that he's never going to be able to stop Peter from being a crazy fan.