4

"Shoot!" The doppelganger yelled, "those stupid stupid freaks!"

They knew, how did they know? He could not answer you that. The best guess was that his powers triggered some kind of signal. Maybe he should have tested it more.

"What the heck am I gonna do?!" He shouted.

Calming down with a deep sigh, he allowed his spying mechanism to stay open. Taking another look inside, he kept his eye on the main target. That's when a bell went off in his head.

"Mind warp," he thought of, "easiest trick in the book. Oh man this is going to be lit!"

Closing the mini camera, ideas began to flow in his head.

*********

Following the two guardians, team Mech X ended up at the back of a gas station. Both girls turned around and waited for all of them to catch up. Casey had her hand on the door knob.

"So we came all this way to an old gas station?" Veracity asked in disbelief.

"Eh, better than a factory or a facility," Spyder replied, " that's all we've been getting lately."

"Be blunt all you want, but this isn't a regular gas station." Mack told them.

"Let me guess, it's a portal to a magical world full of fairies and dust bunnies," Ryan expressed in sarcastic joy before becoming uninterested and turning to walk away, "I'd rather throw up in a cup and then swallow it."

His cousin used her powers before he could leave and pulled him back and made him face her.

"Do I look like a princess to you?" Kenzie questioned.

"Yes." Mark answered.

Mack gave him a look as his little brother chuckled.

"Anyway," Casey got everyone back on track, "I think you'll be impressed."

Opening the door, everybody stepped inside. It was pitch black, with no light switch in sight. Mack closed the door. Standing very close to one another, the girls snapped their fingers and took the team away from Bay City. Wind smacked the gang in the face as they had no clue what was occuring. To keep stuff from flying into their faces, Mack enabled a force field. V blew some hair out of her face.

"Should have stuck with the pony." She said to herself.

After few more minutes of travel, the gang found themselves in a mysterious location. Removing the force field, both girls led them into the area. The sky was still blue, which seemed to be the most normal thing about this place. The ground feel like carpet while nature was just something on its own. Luckily the air was tolerable so breathing wasn't a hassle. Walking to where they needed to be, the two guardians started talking again.

"This is where most of our friends family live," Casey informed, "it's like that secret society we went to the time you had to save our lives. Except it's not freezing cold, we're not making food that's disgusting, or the fact that we hide out for a very different reason."

"Because you're guardians and if anybody were to find that out, you'd be screwed and probably be dead by now?" Ryan asked like it was the obvious answer.

"Eh, we would be in deep trouble yeah," Casey agreed, "but they couldn't kill us if they wanted to. Well, some of us."

"How come?" Harris inquired.

"Because there's a thing called being unable to die. Meaning that whether you stab us or try to throw some kind of disease in our face, we can take it because guess what we can't die," Casey told him, "we can be injured for like 20 minutes, but we can't die."

They turned a corner.

"Oh wow, so you're immortal," Mark stated impressed, "that's crazy awesome."

"Huh, for once you're calling other people awesome without mentioning yourself at all," Ryan commented after, "are you sure we're in the right timeline or can I just hop, skip, and jump and go back to my world?"

Mark rolled his eyes.

"I'm not a council member so I am able to die, but not in any way possible," Mack continued, "diseases, stabbings, and gun shots are the only things that can't affect me."

"What else is there?" Spyder questioned.

"Back on that later," Casey interrupted, "we're here."

In front of the team stood a tall, black brick building. Spooky as it seemed, the design was impeccable. Inviting up the stairs, the group of teens made their way up. In doing so, one lagged behind. The doors opened up automatically, which at first scared the male brains of the team. Giggling a little, Kenzie took his hand and led the team inside. The pilot was the last one to come. But before he could even step foot into the place, he stumbled on the stairs. Catching himself, his body was tingling. Deciding to look, he realized his arms were glowing again. Those brown eyes went away as they were replaced with blue. The purple effect flashed from time to time. He didn't understand what was happening.

"Hey are you-"

One of the two females on the team stopped when she saw that the leader was suffering.

"Ryan?" V called loudly.

She raced down to help him. Grabbing his shoulders immediately, she tried to calm him down.

"Hey! Hey hey hey," Veracity said. His breathing slowed down a bit as he had to compose himself, "hey...there you go."

The fifteen year old's returned to normal. Although the arms did not. Being able to stand, he looked at the future female scientist.

"You alright?" Veracity asked.

Ryan sighed deeply and nodded. Crossing her arms, Harris's rival gave him a suspicious look.

"What was that?" V wondered, "did this just happen now or...? How long has it-"

"Thanks V," Ry quickly stopped her, "thanks a lot."

He then ran past her and went to catch up with the others. His teammate watched him go. Raising an eyebrow, confusion waa written all over her face. What just took place was too weird to ignore. However, she had to put it aside as a bigger task was at hand. Shaking her head, the young girl ran inside, with the door closing behind her.