ELEVEN

JOEY

"alright where is this bethany bitch? i'll fight her right now

"alright where is this bethany bitch? i'll fight her right now." lana gets out when i widen my eyes as i place a hand to her shoulder. i had spoken about the past events of what i had dealt with when it came to grayson's girl. i at first believed i was the only one who could have been overreacting however it seemed the other two girls who had sat in the kitchen with me had also been convinced of her dislike toward me.

"i don't know, all i know was that i was shocked. i just didn't expect that much passive aggression." i add when lana rolls her eyes. my vision scans between her and another acquaintance as julie shrugs her shoulders.

"maybe she's just a little intimidated by you. i mean you're really girly and it caught me off guard at first too. especially with that ribbon hat you wore when i first saw you." she informs as i smile now memorizing the piece of clothing she speaks of.

"oh my ribbon hat, that's my favorite." i say in a sweet voice as lana nods along with my words.

"i fucking love that hat, in fact, where is it? let me wear it right now." she insists as i agree when running to my room as i scanvage for the item. it takes me a minute until i find it and sprint back only to be faced with lana and julie who speak to grayson with judging eyes.

"i got the hat- oh my god what are you guys doing?" i question now as i frown when placing the item onto lana's head. she looks at me with irritable features as she then gazes back at the man.

"i'm just telling him that his girl hates you."

"which is impossible because bethany is a nice person, am i right joey?" he questions now as i sigh softly when i take a seat. my head lowers as i fidget with the ends of my hair in the process of trying to not answer his words.

"uhmmm, mumble, mumble, mumble." i murmur when i look back up to grayson who raises an eyebrow.

"did just you mumble the word, mumble. what the hell?" he comments as i take a deep breath of air when i gape at him.

"yes grayson, i feel like bethany doesn't like me." i finally admit after he suddenly shifts in his spot once his face softens.

"ha, i told you." lana teases now which lets me send her a warning look before getting back to the situation we had dealt with. because the man in front of me consists of major confusion and had his lips parted to speak when i stare.

"how? what happened?" he asks as i gaze down once more before letting my fingers run through my hair.

"well it was what she said last night. she told me that i had this whole persona of being like this cartoon princess who could get away with everything because of my big brown eyes and baking. it was just the way she said it made it seem taunting and it felt so wrong. i don't even know if you'll understand it because it's how girls are like, this give these compliments that aren't really compliments when you think about it more and that's what she did." i inform when causing him to stand in silence before he shakes his head.