SIXTEEN

JOEY

i hated secrets and normally that was because they aren't fun to keep from people

i hated secrets and normally that was because they aren't fun to keep from people. especially when you were bad at keeping them like me. i mean, i was awkward as it is but with something i had to keep hidden on my mind, i was definitely worse. either way i had tried to make my actions as simple as possible. "joey why are you wearing a mask inside the house when it's february?" grayson questions as i freeze in my spot as i had cleared my throat and turned toward him.

my hands now pull the thing down as i attempt to smile normally. "can't a girl wear a bunny mask on a sunday morning?" i get out causing grayson to put up his palms in surrender as he shakes his head.

"not going to even question that any further because i just won't understand it." he tells himself as he goes beside me when reaching into cabinets to get ingredients to create something. either way i believe i was acting weirder now and that is only because he comments on it once more. "what's wrong with you? is there like something air too? because ethan was acting really weird also, did something happen last night when you went to the club?" he questions with furrowed brows as i laugh loudly now and quite nervously from his words. my head shaking furiously as i then shrug my shoulders.

"why would you say that? i'm not acting weird, i'm just normal joey with no secrets in her head." i knew once the sentence had fallen from my lips i would definitely regret my decision on rambling because that just lets grayson stop completely. his eyes still not on me as he finally turns around to face me with a small smirk present on his mouth.

"oh i see." he begins when crossing his arms as he leans against the counter now with his gaze trailing my body up and down. "so you have a secret! that's why you're being so weird. i should've known too, i mean look at all the signs." he scolds as i groan now when trying to get away as i had already stated too much.

"joey has a secret!" he hollers as i speed walk to the walls of my room as i yelp from his announcement.

"i do not!" i scream out as suddenly troy is walking from the bathroom with a simper placed on his lips from hearing our words.

"joey has a secret? that's fun- oh wait, where do you think you're going?" he questions now when blocking my way inside my room as his hands go to my waist when putting me over his shoulders. it lets me whine now as i am limp once he holds me.

"guys this is roommate abuse and also you're using me. i can't keep a secret so now you're going to toy with me until get what you want." i inform as they seem to not fully care as i am being thrown on the couch with the two boys hovering over me.

"spit it out." grayson states as i cross my arms now when shaking my head from his command. i had wanted to refuse it, to not let it fall out but the more they stared. the more i was beginning to break.

"stop looking at me like that, i'm already sweating as it is." i say causing them to still have strong eyes gaping right at me as i begin to fidget in my seat as i was about to blow up. my chest hurting when i screw my eyes shut as i finally part my lips. "i kissed ethan last night!" i scream and open one eye when i had seen their determined faces turn into shock as on cue ethan dolan walks through the door with a smile. his hands filled with bags as he gazes at us with contentment at first until that disappears from our faces.