06/13

— i can't show you my weakness.

"... apparently, he didn't turn up to work today, and he didn't call in or anything. So my parents told me to come and check up on him. I'm surprised they were so calm about it- but then again, it's not like Itachi to pull a no-show."

A worried look crossed over [Name]'s face as she and Sasuke approached his older brother's apartment, having to postpone their plan to pick up Naruto so that they could stop by Itachi's place and check up on him.

"He's been looking more and more haggard these past few weeks," sighed [Name], concerned about the elder Uchiha's health. "Has he been working more?"

"Not sure. I haven't spoken to my family properly in a while. I only went home to pick up my car."

Upon reaching Itachi's front door, Sasuke pressed the intercom so that he could speak to his brother.

"Itachi, are you in here?" he asked boredly, not even half as worried as [Name] was. "Mum and dad sent me to check up on you. Can I tell them you're still alive?"

"Sasuke!" hissed [Name] angrily, punching the raven in the arm. "Don't say that!"

On the other side of the door, Itachi lay on his couch, staring blankly at the ceiling as he listened to the pair's every word.

"Let me try calling him," he heard [Name] suggest in a mumbled voice. Seconds later, he heard his phone begin to ring from his bedroom, but chose to remain lying down as he listened to [Name] air her concerns with Sasuke.

"... I can hear it ringing, but he's not picking up... maybe he's asleep?"

"He better be."

"... please leave a message after the tone. Beep."

Itachi closed his eyes as he listened to [Name] leave a message on his voicemail, voice full of worry.

"Itachi, please message us or call us back when you're awake. Uh, maybe just message me. Sasuke keeps hoping that you're dead."

"I do not."

Itachi grinned as he heard the two resume their bickering, before Sasuke took his finger off the intercom button and their voices were cut off altogether.

Even though he didn't like the idea of [Name] worrying, especially if it was about him, he was touched that she cared.