07/13

— so i'm putting on a mask to go see you.

"... how come Itachi gets to be in the front?"

"You know the rule, Naruto. Eldest rides shotgun."

"I don't even know why you invited him in the first place. He's too old to be hanging around with the rest of us."

[Name] looked over her shoulder and glared at Sasuke as Itachi eased himself into the passenger's seat of her car, an eyebrow raised as he faced the two sitting in her back seat.

"He is not that old!" retorted [Name], turning her attention back to Itachi and smiling at him as he shut his door. "Hi Itachi! Doesn't this make a pleasant change?"

"I guess it does. Driving all the time gets a bit tiring."

"I know, right?" sighed the [Surname]. "Ever since uni's been out, I've been taxi for these two. But, summer's nearly over, and you know what that means!"

Everyone burst into a collective laugh as she nudged Itachi, prompting a swift shake of the head from him.

"We'll see," mused the Uchiha, glancing at his little brother as [Name] began backing out of her carpark. "You guys might have to fend for yourselves more. I've got a wedding to plan, you know."

The car lurched as [Name] slammed her foot down on the brake, letting out a loud gasp as she looked at Itachi with wide eyes. Ignoring the sounds of complaint coming from Sasuke and Naruto, [Name]'s face lit up as she excitedly began to shake Itachi's arm in a frenzy.

"Seriously?!" exclaimed the [Surname], looking overjoyed at the news. "Why didn't you tell us?!"

"He never even told us he had a girlfriend..." mumbled Naruto in the back, pouting as his stomach let out a loud rumble.

"I guess it was just... unexpected," said Itachi slowly, shrugging off the idea of his wedding. The prospect constantly ate away at him, and no matter how hard he tried to shake off his feeling of discontentment, he knew it was his duty. [Name] began bouncing up and down in her seat, elated at hearing Itachi's good news, and promptly shot out of her park.

"Goddamnit, [Name], how did you even get your license?!"

"Wow, Itachi!" said the [Surname] gleefully, zooming out of the underground carpark and onto the road above. "No wonder you've been looking so tired lately! You must be so stressed, working hard and planning for your wedding. You poor thing! You have to tell us all about it over dinner! I want to know who the lucky lady is! Oh my god! This is so sudden!"

"Yeah, it is, isn't it?"

Itachi looked out of his window as [Name] launched into an enthusiastic tirade, her words becoming white noise in the Uchiha's ears. He tried to focus on what she was saying, but couldn't bring himself to do it. The more he heard her voice, the more conflicted he became on the inside. He thought that the more he suppressed his thoughts and feelings, the easier it would be for him to continue on with his life.

But his attempts were futile.

Oh dear.