Spring day

A/N yup a BTS song. Please don't get mad at me, 'Spring day' is such a beautiful song that needs more love.

I thought about BonRin and how their friendship grew which led to them being a couple. But it gonna be a slow burn I guess.

Just so you know, playing the music is completely optional! I'm not gonna make you listen to it if you don't like BTS or K-pop in general.

Edit: So I learned that this song had a different meaning entirely and I have removed it from this story. Only the title is relevant.

To the commenter, I'm sorry it took so long for me to do this.

Ryuji sighed as he got up from his bed. He stood still a minute thinking about life. How being an exorcist led him to where he is. It helped repair relationships with his parents and he met people that he considers long time friends. He wished he could see them again, he missed them that was no lie. He missed Rin the most though as he sighed again.

He looked at the small photo frame of all of them when they were exwires. When he still had that stupid rooster hair cut and when they didn't have to worry about anything. When they became exorcist however, it caused everyone's schedules became hectic and they couldn't see each other anymore.

Time was cruel to all of them. Now in his 20s Ryuji got ready for his mission for the day. He still reminds himself that he still misses his friends and his crush.

Rin didn't like how he disconnected from everyone in his life. It was hard to see them everyday now. He felt cold even if it was still summer, he still felt cold. He wanted to hold Ryuji's hand again like they did when Rin was anxious about the test he had to take just to live. He wanted this winter to end and let spring breathe in new life in this dull day.

The two were close ever since they became "rivals". Rivals to the both of them was just a word that didn't describe the relationship, sure they were competitive when it comes to how well they do at school but that based on mutual respect and support.

Rin saw the coal tars as he walked around true cross again noting they look like falling snow. He smiled softly remembering how he and Ryuji would just look at the harmless demons around them. When they didn't have to do too much work and being semi normal teens.

Thinking about Ryuji made his stomach have butterflies and warms his heart. It's still not enough to melt the snow forming in his heart.

Rin felt tears coming to his eyes but he quickly blinked them away. He misses him so damn much, he misses the times they would tease each other, the encouragements and also the little quiet moments they have. Rin felt cold again, he wonders if this winter in his heart will ever stop. Rin decided to text Ryuji to catch up with an old pal.

Ryuji shivered as he remembered how much of a jerk he was as a teen. Boy were those bad times for him. He still has some anger issues till this day, he was slowly getting better though. Then again he wishes that he would have forgotten how he met Rin, Rin was the one who made him feel a certain warmth. A warmth that he couldn't really get around anyone else but Rin.

It just reminded him how much he really misses Rin. He thought the friendship they had was going to end, they were never going to see each other again. Feelings will disappear, never to be seen again. He was wrong and now he can't let go.

Ryuji got a text from his boss he wasn't needed for a job today and he can take a day off. Ryuji was silently grateful and decided go around town to see what it has to offer. Ryuji saw a message from Rin, asking if he wanted to hang out.

Ryuji complies putting one some clothes and went out the door with everything he needed. Rin and Ryuji met at a local coffee shop catching up on life and talking about life and other stuff.

The two then went to the park just to walk around, enjoying nature's beauty. The winters in their hearts began to feel warm making the two a bit shy and awkward. They sat under a tree as they tried to have some small talk that turned into a therapy session for the both of them.

Mostly about their fears and problems they have now. It slowly turned into a comedy as they both remember stupid shit they did as teens. "Hey, you're my best friend. You know that right?" Rin asked feeling terrible for calling him a friend.

Ryuji nodded still chuckling a bit about what happened with Shima once. "Yeah. It's nice and feels like our dark thoughts can't get to the both of us anymore. And to be completely honest, I think I'm more open to you then I'm open to Konekomaru and Shima." Ryuji scouted a bit closer to Rin and smiled at him.

Rin blushes as he looked away. "Wow." Rin gulped trying to find the right words to say. He felt his heart warm up as he felt his body heat again. He didn't feel cold anymore, he looked back at Ryuji and gently took his hand. "How anyone told you? That your smile looks great. It really suits you."

"Pfft. Thank you, I'm very flattered." Ryuji said covering his mouth. Rin moved closer and held his hand. "Really, it is." Rin's heart started to beat faster as the heat turned into summer. Ryuji's heart was the same as he looked at Rin and stared into his blue eyes.

They stared for a while letting time pass by this once. Rin and Ryuji moves closer together till their lips met. That's when their hearts calmed down, it wasn't hot or cold. It was in the middle, warm, spring finally came.

추운 겨울 끝을 지나
Past the end of this cold winter
다시 봄날이 올 때까지
Until the spring comes again
꽃 피울 때까지
Until the flowers bloom again
그곳에 좀 더 머물러줘
Stay there a little longer
머물러줘
Stay there

A/N all done! I hope you enjoyed.