four

two weeks later 

  「kim taehyung's pov 」  

"one more, and... done!" i typed the last period of the last sentence of our thesis, feeling very happy with the outcome of it. it's been tough, yet hobi hyung and i were almost able to have our freedom. i saved the document before shutting down my laptop and leaving the library.

walking through the halls of the university, i contemplated for a bit. jungkook and i were still in good terms despite the communication we barely had. he was still working on his project, but still sent me messages from time to time. even though i was very curious on what he was working on, i decided not to become nosy and let him be because i trusted him with all my heart.

my best friend, jimin enrolled in an online college school last week and had finally picked out the course he wanted. what worries me was that jimin occasionally gave messages nowadays and when i tried calling or video calling him, he was looking very pale. whenever i asked him if he's okay, his answer will always be the same: "yes, i'm perfectly fine." and then he either changed the topic or told me that he will go now. 

pulling out my phone from my pocket, i texted jungkook.

to: ggukie ♡ 

hey, gguk. i'll be in namjoon hyung's cafe for a bit. hope you're doing great with your project. don't forget to eat lots and stay hydrated! xx

i sighed and started to leave the university, taking a walk to the cafe in normal pace. the inside of the school may be crowded or noisy, but the outside was really silent and refreshing. the trees were lined up at the sides of the sidewalks and there were only less vehicles passing by the road. different birds kept chirping softly as they perched on the branches of the trees, giving a peaceful feeling. i loved the fact that this was one of the places where i cool my head off due to academics.

once i arrived at the cafe, i opened the door and the chimes above rang as i entered. namjoon hyung smiled at me and greeted, "good day, taehyung. how's your thesis?"

"it's finally done! thank you for helping me with other stuff! i owe you one, hyung." i replied, letting out a rectangular smile.

namjoon hyung chuckled, "congrats, tae. you're one step away from graduating. by the way, where is your partner?" he asked.

"hobi hyung? he went home early because he has to go practice for another choreo."

"ah, i see." he nodded and added, "i already put in your order, since you always drink matcha green tea frappe on saturdays."

feeling very touched, i gave my payment and bowed. "thank you so much, hyung!"

"taehyung? is that you?" a familiar yet weak voice called me from my right. i turned around and saw jimin, looking paler than before with bags under his eyes. he smiled at me, except for his eyes.

i rushed towards him behind the counter, more worried than ever. "chim! oh my god," i held his hand and it was very cold. "you have to rest. please, go home and don't push yourself."

jimin shook his head stubbornly and replied, "it's okay, tae. i'm—"

"perfectly fine? no, you are obviously not! listen to me, please. you must take a break."