16: Flashback

Natasha's POV-(Layla's other personality/ source of magic)

Flashes of lights and screams echo around me, and I shake my head trying to free myself from them, the night that has haunted me for 15 years. Layla can't remember any of it, unless I allow her too. I control some of her memories if I was surfaced at the time, so I don't let her relive the horrifying night, instead I carry the weight of their promise.

Layla was only 6 at the time, but as I am not a person but a source of magic I don't age. I can choose to separate from Layla, but I'd be a soul not in a form, just a misty white light floating around. Not all magic people have another personality because we choose who to live in. We are kind of like their wolf, but instead of being given the wolf by the moon goddess the magic person gets chosen by us. I call myself a source for sonas, or a SFS. We enhance the magic abilities, and allow the person to gain new powers faster and more efficiently than other magic people. As you may have already guessed I'm one of the strongest SFS. 

And that is why they made the promise that is coming back to haunt me....
After shaking away the bright lights and screams, I fall back into my dark world of dreams. The memory playing over and over in my head like a record on replay:

~~~~~

Layla was out with her parents, for a night walk. The night was perfect, with the wind gently caressing their faces and the moon shining brightly guiding them safely through the silent and deserted park. Layla skips ahead, her little pigtails bouncy around like the claw swing side to side, her parents smile fondly at their precious daughter. Layla stopped mid skip and beckoned for her parents to follow her, they caught up and decided to play on the playground. After a game of tag they sit down exhausted, as children have bundles of energy stored for when their parents are tired as hell Layla bounced off running around trees and giggling at nothing in particular.

Her parents sighed, resting  on the bench a few meters away from their beloved daughter. She skipped around a tree hiding, just like the last 10 or so trees but she didn't peek out the side of the tree like she did before. Layla had been kidnapped by a witch, but somehow her 6 year old brain thought it was hilarious that she was floating away in a black abyss like Alice in wonderland. 

Slowly opening her eyes to bright lights she sees 5 massive wolves with red eyes, that were towering over her and baring their teeth, saliva dripping off their chin. She gasps and crawls into a corner, they just give her a evil wolfish smirk and stalk towards her. The leader of the small pack goes to pounce, and Layla was paralysed in fear as any six year old would be so I take over and dodge the attack. Then another 2 wolves charged at me, but I jump and run on their backs, before they have time to stop themselves they run straight into the concrete wall. Then the rest of the wolves charged at me, I slid under them with ease as I'm tiny and they're giants compared to me. I jumped on the leaders back, riding him like a bull rider would ride a bull, my pigtails flying around, and make him ride into he wall as well knocking him out in one. 3 down 2 more to go. Grabbing onto one of the wolves legs I bring my knee to it, swiftly snapping it then the last wolf standing growls at me ferociously and tried to bite me but I duck and he ends up biting his companion with the broken leg. While he is distracted I grab spare rope and wrap it around his legs tripping him over and knocking him out in the process, panting a little as 6 year old Layla is not exactly super fit.

I open up a portal and make a move to leave but before I can I hear the faintest whisper, "I promise one day Natasha....I will come back and defeat you and your kind, everyone you love will vanish."  The leader croaks out, his red eyes flashing brightly sending chills down my spine. 

And with that I steppe out into my portal and head back to the park, letting Layla resurface to meet her distressed parents. They embrace her, tears of relief running down their faces. 

~~~~~

I had to have a mate didn't I! Now Liam and Red will die, because of me. No if I help Layla learn how to morph and gain even more new abilities then we will stop whoever wants to kill us and our loved ones. 

The prisoner that tried to attack Layla and Liam was one of the wolves, not from the night but he was with them and was trying to kill us. He told me that they were back, stronger than ever......

A/N

Hey Bookworms, 8.3k! I'm super happy, thank you all who are voting and commenting.

I hope you liked Nat's POV, and it helped you understand her better. The scene where Nat was fighting the wolves, I imagined a tiny little girl with pigtails kicking some butt, comment if that's what you thought of as well. 

Sorry if it wasn't amazing I wasn't exactly sure how to construct this chapter, anyways I'm going to go watch mission impossible with my family.

Cya

Bookworms