33: Fight

Liam's POV

I sigh in content as I look over at my beautiful.... girlfriend. I haven't asked her to be my girlfriend, but it is kind of what we are since we're not exactly mates anymore.

Last night was incredible, and I can't wait to have a family with her. She was surprisingly comfortable for a first timer. I was also really relaxed with her, mainly because she looked so hot and because Red was half in control.

Layla stirs, her dark chocolate doe eyes staring up at me with curiosity, "Why are you looking at me like that?" She asks tilting her head slightly.

"Just thinking about last night," I wink suggestively.

All she can muster is, "Oh," as she turns bright red.

"Are you sore baby?" I ask smirking slightly.

"No, I feel fine," She grins, my smirk drops.

"Ok, let's get ready for breaky then. The pack will know you and I made love because of how loud your moans were, so we can't keep them waiting." I joke, getting up and throwing on jeans and a causal black shirt.

"Hey! You moaned as well and maybe next time I will keep my mouth shout and not let a single moan escape," Layla threatens.

"Is that a challenge? Well I accept." I stare at her smugly.

Layla stands up to walk to me, but falls back on the bed groaning.

"Ha, I guess you are sore babe." I laugh walking to her side of the bed and laying over her.

"So, I have every right to be. It was only my first time and you were going very hard and we did a few rounds," She says defensively

"I know, I'm very proud of my work." I reply smirking proudly.

"Well now, you have to help me get ready." Layla commands.

So, I place a small kiss on her neck then slowly move away to pick her clothes out for her.

"Good, now I have to walk at some point, so I might as well start now. If I need help please help me, but not unless I fall over. Ok" She says getting up slowly.

She shuffles to the door, wincing a bit.

"You know I could just carry you babe," I state as I wait for her.

"Yes, you could but as I said I have to walk at some point as you have your duties and I have mine." She replies matter-of-factly, continuing outside to the dining room.

Many pack members greet us, knowing something happened. But all of the pups looked at Layla and I confused, the sight of my girlfriend shuffling to the dining room and me following her at a slow walk must have looked strange to them.

We sit down to eat and I almost laugh when I hear Layla sigh as she sinks into the chair. Stella winks at us and sits next to Layla.

"Beta Liam, I need to see you after breakfast to discuss the upcoming fight," Lawrence informs me quietly.

"Ok Alpha," I reply nodding my head.

"Layla-I mean Beta Layla you should come to see my trainees," Khaleesi's flaming red hair is seen through the crowd of pack members.

"It's Layla to everyone and I will, I have nothing to do anyway." Layla agrees.

"Are you sure babe, that means you have to walk?" I tease but earning a glare and hit in the stomach from Layla.

"Ok sorry, I know you are super strong Princess" I reply.

"I love you babe," Layla grins kissing my cheek happily.

"I love you too, Princess." I reply capturing her retreating lips.

"Ok, enough with the mushy stuff. I love you guys but right now I don't want to throw up my precious food." Stella interrupts the moment with her very important point, note the sarcasm.

"Alright, Stella come with me to see the trainees. Liam have fun with Lawrence." Layla says after pulling away from me.

"Fine, but I'll see you at lunch. Ok?" I sigh.

"Yes babe," She replies getting up and kissing me.

"See you later," I say reluctantly.

"Bye, see you at lunch." Layla replies staring into my gray-blue eyes.

I walk to Lawrence's office and knock, then let myself in. Lawrence and the 2 head warriors, Aydan and Mel are already there waiting. I sit down in a plush seat and look at them expectantly, "So what's going on?" I ask.

"Well we will attack tomorrow, the trainees should be ready and if we wait too much longer then the Dark Wolves will attack us," Lawrence answers

"We have been training with all who is willing and almost all of them are seriously deadly, obviously there are about 1 or 2 wolves who need some encouragement but once they need to fight for their pack and lives, they will be fine," Mel adds

"Ok, so we'll get all the wolves who need to be in the safe houses in safe houses tonight and make sure all the food is stocked, since we don't know how long we will fight for. And we'll go through the plans now and check up on all the warriors," I state looking at them.

"This is why I made you my Beta Liam, good job." Lawrence smiles.

"And you're right, we'll go over the plans then go and tell the warriors." He continues.

We go over the plans and check all the food supplies and safe houses for about 3 hours, then we go out to the trainees and warriors to tell them about the plans.

I look around for Layla, then I notice Aydan squinting," Is that your mate, Layla?" He asks pointing a female on the mats.

"Uh...Yes. Excuse me for a minute I have to talk to Layla." I excuse myself striding over to her.

"You look better." I start calmly, causing Layla to look up at me sheepishly from pinning down a guy.

"Yeah I am." She smiles.

"What are you doing? I thought you were watching not beating up my warriors." I say my temper rising.

"Well I wanted to show them how to fight properly. Liam when I was stuck with Nicholas he made me train every day and I know how to fight, so please don't feel like you need to protect me. I was alone for a month without you," Layla says breaking down at the end, a single tear falling down her cheek.

I wipe the tear away," Baby, I know you're strong as hell, but I guess I just forgot. I'm sorry I couldn't find you sooner, I'm so sorry." I apologise

"Thank you, babe, everything is just so messed up and I can't wait to kill Nicholas." Layla says softly nestling into me.

"You're wrong, I will let Nicholas bleed out then rip him apart." I correct, Red surfacing as I get angry.

"You are so amazing," Layla sighs content.

"Tomorrow we are heading out to attack, you and Khaleesi will help lead the way." I inform kissing her head.

A/N

Hope you enjoyed

Ready for the fight?

Layla's a badass, and Liam's the best. Who agrees with me?

Cya

Bookworms