17

I feel peter breathing hard and i look and see he finally fell asleep and so did mr. Stark.
Peter was gripping my shirt tight i mess with his hair and whisper "it's okay" and his grip seemed to loosen and his breathing slowed down and i smile.
That morning he woke up fine and i didn't bring that up since nothing really happended. We both ate breakfast and his portion was smaller then mine because i guess he didn't want as much which kind if worried me but i pushed it aside. Mr. Stark kept looking at it though probably worried even more then i am. After eating we are sitting on the couch and peter is freezing for some reason even though it's summer time now and it's not that cold in this building. I cover him up and he wrapped himself up and cuddled up with me.
I smile to that and watch the tv. I wish that this lasted forever but it didn't and pretty soon reality set in. Pretty soon as in that night in bed.
It was a pretty chill night he was laying on my chest and i was trying to figure out if me and peter were together since we have been spending a lot of time together when i heard heavy breathing i look down and he was grabbing onto my shirt and his face looked to scrunched up.
I rub his back and it didn't help. I then tried to mess with his hair and that didn't help either i whisper "it's okay" but he just gripped harder and i started to get worried i say "hey peter it's okay" but still nothing happened. And then he shot up breathing hard and grabbing his stomach and i touch his shoulder and he pulled away and i said "peter" but he didn't answer he was still breathing shakily i move behind him and said "do you want me to leave" he sighed and said "no" i nod and then he leaned back and said "i'm sorry" i said "you have nothing to be sorry about" he didn't say anything and then finally let a steady breath out which made me feel better.

A couple weeks later

Peter seems to be doing better he's had one really really bad nightmare that actually made him end up in the hospital but after that he's barely had any.
I sleep with him all the time i would like to think it makes him feel better. He always lays his head on my chest i think it's because of the heartbeat thing that was before he got taken. Tony seems to like having me around but i still don't know how peter feels about me and also his food portions aren't growing they stay the same small amount which i know tony is worried about and so am i but he doesn't know how to talk to him about it.
Just then peter stretched and i look down and see he woke up. I smile and kiss the top of his head and said "good morning sunshine" he said "is it really morning" i laugh and said "no it's actually like really late everyone else is in bed" he sat up and said "i'm starving" i said "we can order a pizza" he looked at me and nodded no and said "there aren't any places open anyway i don't even want pizza it's to greasy i want something though" he slumped down and i sit down next to him and he leaned his head on my shoulder.
I said "how about a bowl of cereal" he said "it's to loud and i bet tony is laying on the couch listening" i get up making him kind of fall and then walk out of the room and sneak over to the couch and don't see tony and then i heard distant conversations downstairs in the lab and the curious side of me went to go check it out.
"I know i'm just worried about him i know he seems like he's doing fine with wade around but peter can put up a brave face i mean remember that one time when we couldn't find his favorite toy at the time that came with him when i first adopted him and he seemed cool about it but that night i heard him whispering to himself that it's fine it's just a toy it isn't important over and over again and he couldn't sleep without it luckily we found it the next day but still i think what's happening is that he's pretending to be okay he isn't really okay" i couldn't hear the response but i wanted to i didn't know peter slept with a toy.
"Yeah i know it's just he isn't eating a lot the past couple of days which is weird for someone his age especially with what happened a while back he isn't eating enough" what happened a while back.
"Okay see you tomorrow i love you" and then he must of hung up and i heard "what are you doing" and i jump a good foot into the air. He smiled and said "oh uh nothing i was just umm looking for food" he said "in the house plant" i look and said "greens they are good for you" he smiled bigger and said "those are plastic" i touch them and said "there's no thing like a plastic meal" he kissed my cheek and said "i think i can think of better" i nod and said "yeah probably" and then we walk to the kitchen and he makes food and then tony walked up and said "what are you guy's doing up so late" i point to him and said "all him" tony smiled and said "well just don't make a giant mess" we both put a thumbs up and then he walked to his room and peter started eating again.
I said "how come you never told me you sleep with a toy" he looked at me confused and then seemed to catch on and said "i don't sleep with it anymore i used to because it reminded me of my mom and dad but i slowly grew out of it and it wasn't like anything special it was just a stupid stuffed bunny" i said "what happened to your parents if you don't mind me asking" he nodded no and said "i don't mind anyway it happened when i was a baby so i don't really remember all the details but i do know that someone broke in and pretty much killed them gruesomely and the only reason why people found out about them being dead is because they heard me screaming bloody murder after a day" i nod and he took a bite of food and i said "i'm sorry" he said "don't be it happened when i was a baby i don't remember anything about them i mean not even what they look like tony and everyone in this house has always been my family" i nod and said "so can i talk to you about something" he said "isn't that what we are doing or is this just small talk" i laugh and said "no but it's not about like family or toys or anything like that" he nodded and said "go for it" i nod and said "well we've been hanging out a lot lately and i was just wondering like what are we and i'm not trying to rush you into anything like that i was just wondering what we are" he played with the food for a minute but then said "honestly i don't even know i mean we both like each other and were both single and i would like to be in a relationship but i don't know you know it's not always gonna be easy like the past couple of weeks some day's are gonna be really hard like that one time and i don't want to drag you down with me when things aren't easy" i laugh and said "peter i want to be here for you so even if we aren't together i'm still gonna be here" he nodded and finally looked up and was smiling and then got up and grabbed his plate and put it in the sink and then said "do you wanna go lay down" i slowly nod and get up and we walk to his room and i layed down first and he layed down on my chest and after a while and i thought he fell asleep he said "i want to be with you wade" i look down at him and i said "i can work with that" and then it went quiet again.