GO TO HELL!

Family always protects each other. 

*****

I ran my hand through Cloud's soft fur. 

"When is Alisha and Alex?" I asked Damon.  

"Those two lovebirds are going to be an hour late. Apparently they are stuck in traffic," he replied.

 By now both Damon and I knew that those two had the worst sense of timings. I loved them with all my heart, but as a punctual person absolutely hated their lack of punctuality. Nonetheless, no matter how different we were, we were stuck to each other like glue. We are each other's shields. When the inner demons become too powerful, they are there by my side to save me.

Eight years ago, I had an experience with a demon, not internal but external. Then also I had someone to save me.

Eight years ago

I brushed my hair for the final time and checked myself in the mirror. I was happy with my look. I was wearing a red crop top and black high waist-ed pant. I had put on a lip gloss and some blush. I hated too much of make up. It sort of suffocated me. My light brown highlights became more prominent under the light.

I had begged and pestered mom to allow me to get these highlights, much like how I begged dad to allow me to go to this party. Begging and a puppy face is the key to success.

This party was supposed to be the biggest party of this year. It was organised by some senior I did not even know. He had invited everyone from the age fourteen to twenty to this party and everyone was going. It created all the buzz in the school.

So naturally even I wanted to go. It was my first ever big party, all the other parties I went to were family occasions. I was a bit sad that Alisha wasn't coming with me to the party as she had gone to visit her extended family back in India.

With one last glance at myself in the mirror, I went downstairs. Uncle Aaron,Beth and my grandparents were waiting for me. Mom and dad had gone out for dinner date, while Aunt Rose was out of town for work. So it was just us five in the house.

"Oh my darling, you look gorgeous!" grandma announced and engulfed me in a hug. I was now taller than her, standing at five-feet-five.

"Listen little monster, have fun but come home alright. Stay in one piece, keep others in one piece," grandpa's tone bordered boredom. I knew he loved me and just enjoyed teasing me by calling me a 'monster' and using his bored tone.

"Why can't I come with you?" Beth whined.

"Because you are not invited Bethy, but I m gonna miss you," I hated leaving Beth alone. She was like an extension of me. We were attached to each other with glue.

Uncle Aaron's voice broke the moment. "You are going to a party not battlefield. That reminds me kiddo, I will pick you up at sharp 9:30, that is 2 hours from now, should be enough time." No it was not! I was about to voice out my protest, but saw the look on his face and knew the battle was over even before it started.

"Okay,"I whispered. We then left the house.

After the excruciatingly long drive, we finally arrived in front of a brightly illuminated house. Loud music could be heard till the drive way. I said goodbye to uncle Aaron and went inside.

Hours went by as my friends and I danced, ate,talked and ate some more. Everyone knew food was number one priority. Soon it was time for me to leave.

"Mia, I need to leave,"I screamed over the music. My friend, Mia nodded in understanding. I went away from the house and the blasting music. I stood on the sidewalk of the drive way and took out my phone from my pocket.