the discoveries

Tony was, and is, a curious mind

Tony was, and is, a curious mind. Therefore, when he found a few things Steve left behind, he had the compulsive urge to look through them. These belonging included an old sketch book and the Stark Industries laptop Tony gifted him after the attack on New York. He opened the old, clunky frame, thinking about all the redesigns he could do and what he should've done better.

When he quickly guessed the password (America7418, if you were wondering), Steve's email was already pulled up. He knows he shouldn't snoop, or even care, but... can you blame him? Yes? Okay, fair.

The emails just... pulled him in. His recent ones were almost all from his one other friend, Bucky Barnes, only with a few from an email address named korikitten@gmail.com littered in. He tapped on one named 'Fuck you' and started reading.

Captain,

Really? This is how you treat a lady? Dis-Fucking-Gusting

Oh, shit, this was a reply from an email chain.

Dear Captain Steve Rogers,

Hi, it's the girl from Pegu Club. Personally, even though you ran out afterwards, I felt a connection between us. I would love to go on another date. How about Saturday at 7?

Love, Kori ;)

Dear Miss Kori,

Though I am flattered, I will have to refuse. My intention was never to lead you on, or even kiss you at all. I was only looking to have fun that night, and I am extremely apologetic that you thought I was interested and that I led you on. Thank you for your offer.

Yours truly,
Captain Steve Rogers

Sent from StarkPhone

Dear Captain,

Hi, It's Kori again. And why not? I'd be an amazing girlfriend for you. Honestly? Fuck your little boyfriend. I'd be better than that faggot ever could be.

-Kori <3

Dear Miss Kori,

Even if I was ever interested in being in a relationship with you, I wouldn't consider it know after your blatant homophobia. In case you have forgotten, I am bisexual, and I am an ally to my trans brothers and sisters in the LGBT+ community. Please don't talk about Tony like that as he hasn't done anything bad to me while we have been romantically involved.

Sincerely,
Captain Steve Rogers

And that brought to the first email Tony read, the emails continuously being written where Steve is mainly defending Tony. Tony's breathing became heavier as he continued reading before he came to the end of the chain where Steve just stopped replying, the last email from the day where Tony kicked him out. He forced himself to close the laptop and hide it and the sketch book under the bed. He stood and almost ran to the kitchen to wait for Peter to come home and work on a new project. Maybe Steve did love him.

Meanwhile, Natasha knew something was up with Tony's kid. She couldn't place her finger on what exactly it was, but she knew it was something. The fact that she couldn't figure it out was driving her absolutely insane. So, when Peter went out to walk his friends home, Nat took the chance to take a look.

That's how she ended up above Tony, in the vents, slipping through the metal paths. She was quite familiar with these ways because of her and Clint's prank wars (talking about Clint, she already ran into him twice). She slipped over the vent cover, carefully unscrewing the vent and landing gracefully on the carpeted floor.

Peter's room was... surprisingly clean for a kid. A few posters were haphazardly set up on the walls, displaying Star Trek, Star Wars, and even the Avengers. Natasha smiled softly at the poster of her and Clint hanging next to his wardrobe.

So... if Natasha was a teenage boy, where would she hide her things?

She checked his bed before making it again, under his weirdly clean bed, rifled through his drawers and and wardrobe and nothing. Not even porn. Isn't this kid supposed to be a teen boy?

She swiped through his closet, before spotting bright red at peeking out of the ceiling panel at the top of his closet. She pushed it open, a bright red onesie falling out. Nat almost snorted. Was that- yes it is.

Peter Parker was Spiderman. Holy shit. Out of everyone in NYC, sweet little Peter was the last person she'd guess. She picked up the suit to fold and place it on his bed so they could have a little chat about it later when a piece of cloth fell out. She quirked an eyebrow and picked it up.

...and she thought Peter being Spiderman would be the biggest surprise today.

"Dad! I'm home!"

Shit. Nat quickly shoved the cloth into the ceiling panel before sitting on the bed with the suit.

"Going to do homework?"

"Yup!"

"Ok. Proud of you, kiddo."

The door swung open to a smiling Peter. "Oh, hey, Nat! What's-"

He spotted the suit and lunged for it. Nat snatched it away and held it above her head. "Sit."

Peter sat down, swallowing hard.

"So... you're the Spider-kid, huh?"

"Sp-Spider Man."

"Quiet. Do you know how dangerous running around in a flimsy suit without any backup is?"

"Yeah, I kinda do it almost every day."

"You- You do know your dad will kill you once he finds out!" she fussed, hands on her hips.

Peter bowed his head. "That's why he won't? Please don't tell him, Nat! If I'm not out there saving people, no one will be!"

"Peter, that's what the police are for."

"The police? Do you know how discriminatory they are? Even if they weren't, they're always too busy with bigger things! No one would be looking out for the little guy! But I am."

Nat sighed. "You really had to inherit the self-sacrificial hero aspect, didn't you?"

Peter smiled sheepishly.

"Fine, I won't tell him unless you get hurt, understood?"

Peter beamed. "Yes! Thank you!"

He basically tackled hugged her, almost knocking her over.

"Wait, but how'd you know?"

"Peter, sweetheart, I'm a super spy. Now do your work."

Nat smiled at the boy as she walked out. She didn't ask about the cloth in his closet because Peter will come out as transgender when he's ready.

Word Count: 1028

sorry this is late uwu