the families

Peter felt dead on his feet the next day

Peter felt dead on his feet the next day. After he yelled at Tony, he couldn't sleep. He refused to eat until Clint forced him to. And Clint didn't even do it, he had to get Natasha to do it! And Peter is scared of Nat!

So, Peter basically fell asleep at the lunch table until Cooper poked him in the side followed by MJ throwing ice cubes at him.

Cooper furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "Are you okay, Peter?"

Peter scrubbed his hands over his eyes. "Yeah, just... family troubles."

MJ looked pissed, considering she really hates Peter's dad, and Ned looked worried, considering he really loved Peter's dad.

"What? What's happening with your dad?"

"He got back with his stupid exboyfriend."

"To be fair, your dad is stupid."

"MJ!"

Peter sighed. "Please stop, you two. I'm trying to be angry."

"Aw, angry Peter is so cute," Cooper teased, pinching his cheek. Peter huffed.

"Go away, Cooper. You suck."

Cooper chuckled and threw his arm around Peter. "You know you love me."

Oh heck. I'm so gay.

"What about your mom, huh? She can't be marrying her shitty ex too."

"My mom died when I was young. In fact, I've been staying with my aunt and uncle until I found out about my dad literally about a month ago."

Cooper opened and closed his mouth a few times, quickly pulling back his arm. Apparently he found words to say, whether they were the right ones or not, he said, "I haven't seen my dad since I was twelve. Him and my mom went through a nasty divorce after the stuff that went down in Sokovia. And she's trying to marry a new guy and she wants me to call him dad."

Peter smiled softly. "Really?"

"Yeah! Even worse, he's trying to get his kid to call my mom mom! And she lives with her mom! My little sister thinks it's the funniest thing."

Peter gasped. "You have a little sister?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We're all only childs," MJ commented. "Pete's always been obsessed with having a little sibling."

"Do you want mine? Her name's Lila, she's eleven, and currently obsessed with Jacksepticeye. If I have to hear Top of tha' mornin' to ya' laddies! one more time, I might shoot myself. Oh, or little Nate. He's 4 and cries if he isn't holding his Bruce Banner stuffed animal."

"They make those?" Ned asked excitedly. "Asking for a friend."

"No. Since he'd cry if he wasn't watching Bruce Banner's lectures on TV, my dad made him one. He was two when this happened." Peter tried to ignore how his voice wavered at the word 'dad.'

The bell rung and MJ took the chance to rush off as Ned said, "See you in calc."

Before Cooper left, Peter grabbed his hand. "Cooper, if you ever need to talk about your dad, I'm right here, okay?"

Cooper smiled softly and hugged him. "Thank you, Pete."

Peter, in all honesty, had trouble getting through his last few periods, gym being especially hard when he got harassed by Flash. After school, Cooper did try to talk to him, but his little sister dragged him away.

Daddio 💞
Hey, kiddo!! Steve is picking you up from school (please be nice) I need to talk to you when you get back!

Peter huffed quietly. He spotted Steve in a cap and sun glasses waving him over. The only up side to this is that Steve drives a really nice red 1964 Chevrolet Malibu. He threw his bag in the back of the car, slipping into the passenger seat, trying to ignore Steve.

"So," Steve started, pulling out of the school's parking lot, "how was school?"

"It was fine."

"How are you-"

"Look, Mr. Rogers, I don't like you. And I honestly doubt you like me. We're only hanging out because we both love my dad. And I don't trust you with him, but for his sake, I'll play nice. Just... stop pretending like we're friends."

Steve shifted uncomfortably, Peter switching on a random radio station. They sat in uncomfortable silence until Steve pulled into the Avenger's garage, Peter hopping out almost as soon as he parker.

"Fri, where's my dad?"

"He's in his lab, sir."

"Perfect!"

Peter sprinted up to the lab, dropping his backpack by the door. "Hey, Dad! Can I use your lab a bit?"

"Hello to you too, sure, and what's your rush?"

"Nothing! I just had a good day."

"Great, kiddo." Tony kissed his hair. "Can we talk, kid?"

"Depends. Is it a good or bad talk?"

"Good talk. Nothing about Steve."

"Ok! Talk away, Daddio."

Peter grabbed a piece of graph paper and started sketching.

"So, you're being seen out in public with us, the Avengers, more."

"Yeah, I know. I was there."

"Haha, smartass. I was saying we need to introduce you to the public so the outlets don't think the Avengers are having a relationship with an underage kid. So, how about we go on a talk show, get an interview, and maybe play a game with the host."

"As long as it's Ellen. I love Ellen."

"Fair. Who doesn't? But not what the endgame of this conversation. Since you are my one and only true heir, I was thinking, and you don't have to say yes, maybe adding Stark to your last name? Like Parker-Stark? Or Stark-Parker?" Tony said, fiddling with his robots.

"Y-You want me to have your last name?" Peter asked, the pen slipping out of his hand.

"Yeah." Tony smiled before putting on a fake serious face. "You are my son, right?"

Peter stood up and tackled hugged him, slamming his head into his chest. "I love you, Dad."

Tony rested his head on his son's. "I love you too, kiddo. So, Parker-Stark or Stark-Parker?"