Chapter 9 - Closeted Feelings

Previously...

"Kay, mom I love yo-"

*Thump* Is what stops her from taking ahold of the door handle, and me from finishing my sentence.

Both our eyes wonder over to where the sound came from.

The closet!

"Mom!" My eyes fly to her.

"Alex?!" Her eyes fly to me.

"I promise, it's not what you think it is! "

"Is it?" She says with a too sweet smile that scares the life out of me.

It's an utter of silence before both of us race over to my closet, fortunately I'm a little closer, and faster. That is, until her longer arm drapes over my shoulder, and grabs the door knob.

Oh- no! She faster than I thought!

I turn around, and push my back onto the door.

"Mom!"

"Alex Traveil Branson! Move out of my way right now!"

"Mom, please?! Don't go in there!" I plead as she moves me out the way. For a second I consider breaking her arm with a MMA move.

But eventually she pushes me down, and pulls the door open.

What we both see, surprises us both.

It's...nothing?!

Where is he?!

"Alex?" She asks now examine the room.

"Mom?!" I pretend anger.

"Why were you?" She asks looking around. I see something blur past her feet, and past me, but I don't say anything.

"So, that's what's important right now?" I yell.

"I'm sorry sweetie, but you convinced me that someone was in here on how you were acting!" She says turning around.

"I just didn't want you to go through my stuff, is that too much to ask?" I look up at her, fake teary eyed.

"I'm so sorry hunny-!" She says as she comes over to me, arms out.

"Just...get out," I say acting hurt, backing away from her hug. I hate doing this to her, especially because of a guy, but I know if she sees a guy in here, she'll never look at me the same, and it'll hurt her more than this.

"Ok..." She's says bringing her arms back to her sides, and walking out of my sight. The last thing I see is her eyes water up, and I immediately want to run to her, and hug her-reassure her- but that'll be suspicious. I'll make it up to her later...I promise.

After hearing the door close, I hop up, and lock the door. Leaning my forehead against the door...after a minute I turn around.

"Micheal?" I whisper just in case my mother is still near. While scrunching up my eyes. Looking around.

"Ruff, ruff!"

I turn to see a cute little black wolf pup, omg!