Hold On Tight

|Miles|

"How did it go? What happened?" Jax asks, pouncing on me as soon as I walk into the classroom.
"Um, good? I got her sunflowers and we hung out after the competition?" I reply, sitting down in my seat warily.
"So what I'm hearing is, you two are official?" Bianca asks, inserting herself and Alya into the conversation.
"Uh. Technically no?" I respond.
"Miles Lennox! Grow a pair!" Alya hisses, whacking me with her sheet music.
"I'm getting there," I snap.
"Well try harder," Bianca responds. I'm about to snap back when Park walks in. Julie Maslany close on his heels.
"What is she doing here?" Bianca whispers, shooting a glare at the artist, dancer. I shrug in response.
"Morning everyone! As you can see, the infamous Julie Maslany has graced us with her presence today," Park announces. Julie smiles and waves, only faltering slightly when we make eye contact.
"Julie has graciously accepted my invitation to come back to Keaton and assist us with our part of the winter recital. So today as you all rehearse, Julie will be walking around observing and working with you all," Park tells us.
"Thank you so much for inviting me," Julie says with another smile before we all break off.
"Well this is awkward," Jax announces as we form a small circle with Alya and Bianca.
"Thanks Jax, I hadn't noticed," I reply sarcastically.
"Salty," Alya states before taking out her guitar. Throughout the class period, Julie only stops by our group three times, only commenting briefly on our tempo on a few of our pieces and working on staying together in a few other sections. At the end of the period I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Just as Jax and I are about to leave, Julie stops me.
"Miles, can I talk to you?" She asks. I look at her, then at Jax, who just shrugs his shoulders.
"I guess," I reply, staying behind in the classroom with her.
"What do you want to talk about?" I ask suspiciously. Julie looks at me.
"I wanted to talk about last year. And, I was hoping, giving it a year to just sit would help," Julie explains.
"Okay, so talk," I say. Julie gives me a look.
"Just, hear me out. Last year, I admit I made mistakes, but, so did you," She starts.
"Yeah, so?" I ask.
"Well, Matayo isn't here anymore. And, I know things didn't work out with you and Alya," she continues. I don't speak, prompting her to say more.
"I still have feelings for you Miles, and, I know you do too," she says finally, grasping my hand. I want to pull it away, I really do, but something inside me stops me from flinching away.
"What makes you think that?" I ask instead.
"Well, one, you let me take your hand, and two, why else would you agree to talk to me?" She responds.
"Julie, I can't. C. I like someone else," I tell her.
"Who? Carly? The dancer from our red riding hood group? I saw the way you looked at each other. Even then. But this is different Miles, don't you want to see what we could have been?" Julie asks. She leans closer to me, looking down at my lips. I slowly lean back, away from her.
"Hey Miles! Can you help- oh. Sorry. I- I didn't realize I was interrupting something," a voice says from the doorway. I turn my head quickly to see C hovering in the doorway. I can see her begin to shake as she takes in my position with Julie. Not again! I think to myself.
"Hello Carly," Julie says, turning to face C.
"Julie. Sorry, I didn't know you two were still a thing," C says before turning to go.
"C-" I start.
"It's Carly. And maybe next time, remember to close the door," she says quietly before disappearing.

Word Count: 658

AN
DRAMAAAAAAA👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽