Where It Ends

|Miles|

I look over the crowds, trying to find the blonde figure that had escaped my sight for the thousandth time tonight. Finally I catch sight of her, walking back into the auditorium from an empty hallway.
"Carly! Carly!" I shout, rushing to catch up to her. She turns to see who called and when she sees me, turns back around. She hesitates before turning around once more to face me, allowing me to catch up.
"I heard what you said yesterday," she states bluntly. I tilt my head.
"What?" I ask dumbly.
"To Julie in the auditorium? I heard all of it," she repeats. I open my mouth, then close it.
"Oh," I reply lamely.
"Thanks for standing up for me. I thought I could trust her, but apparently not," C continues. I nod my head awkwardly.
"It wasn't her secret to tell," I reply. C nods.
"My dad- Last year he lost his job. My family was having financial problems, so try not to think too lowly of me," she says before turning to leave.
"C, Wait. Please? Give me a second chance? I really like you," I tell her.
"I- I don't know Miles," C replies hesitantly.
"Just one chance, and if you decide you hate me, I'll never talk to you again," I promise.
"I could never hate you Miles," C says.
"So- is that a yes?" I ask hopefully.
"Are you going to buy me ice cream?" She responds.
"Cotton Candy with rainbow sprinkles," I reply. C grins.
"Fine. But only because of the sprinkles," she jokes. I grin. I've missed her. It's only been a few days, but I missed talking to her.
"Oh- come with me, I have to tell everybody!" C exclaims, grabbing my wrist and pulling me in the direction of the dressing rooms.
"Tell everyone what? And isn't this dancers only?" I ask. C ignores me and barrels through the door, dragging me with her.
"Guess who just got invited to Juilliard!" She squeals. Sasha, Jenna, and Mindy are on us immediately.
"Was it Beyoncé?" Sasha jokes causing Jenna to give him a whack. My jaw drops.
"That's why you were walking out of that hallway when I found you!" I exclaim. C nods happily.
"I'm so proud of you C!" Sasha says, pulling her into a hug which quickly turns into a group hug.
"As much fun as this is, I gotta go find Jax. Also I'm getting out of here before Ms. Helsweel sees me because, she scares me," I announce.
"Oh, can I come? I want to say hi to Alya and Bianca," C says. I smile and nod.
"See you guys later," C tells her friends as we exit the dressing room. I shoot Jax a quick text to find out where he is and not long after we find him, Kit, Bianca, and Alya all gathered in Park's classroom.
"Hey Miles. Carly!" Bianca and Alya exclaim, pushing past me.
"Thanks. Love you guys too," I say, watching them give their undivided attention to C.
"I still like you bro," Jax says walking over.
"But you like me better, right Jax?" Kit asks. Jax looks at me, then Kit, then back to me.
"Of course Kit," He replies. I shake my head at my friend.
"I am so glad you and Miles made up, we are going to have the best second semester!" Bianca exclaims. C nods in agreement.
"And V and Beckett will be coming back for second semester," she adds excitedly.
"We could have slumber parties! We never have anyone other then me and B at our sleep overs because we don't want to invite those tossers," Alya says, motioning towards me and Jax.
"What am I?" Kit asks.
"Oh, and Kit too," Alya amends.
"Ugh, next semester is going to be the best one yet!" Bianca exclaims. C looks over at me and grins.

Word Count: 651

AN
PUBLISHING DATE FOR OF PAPER GIRLS AND PUPPETEERS : OCTOBER 7