Lying To The Mirror

|C|

I knew it. I knew something would happen. Every time I think a boy actually likes me... I'm almost to the studio when Miles catches up to me.
"C, please, just let me explain," he asks. I turn to look at him.
"It's Carly," I repeat coldly, trying to keep my voice from shaking as I enter the empty studio.
"Carly, you don't understand, me and Julie-"
"I know you two aren't together, if that's what you're trying to get at," I tell him. He looks at me in confusion.
"But, back there you said.."
"I know what I said. But I've also heard all about you. Why Alya broke up with you the first time, blowing things up with Julie, and then breaking up with Alya again? That's not how relationships work. Miles. I keep getting hurt. Over and over. First Sasha, and Austin, now you? Bianca and Alya warned me what could happen. Believe me, there's nothing to explain," I say, trailing off.
"What do you mean? And what did Bianca and Alya say?" Miles asks. I shake my head.
"It doesn't matter. I just- I keep making dumb mistakes. It's my own fault," I reply.
"I'm not a mistake. I don't like-"
"Yes. You do like her Miles. You may not realize it, but I'm a dancer. I know chemistry when I see it," I tell him.
"Carly, I like you!" Miles exclaims. I take a step back in shock. He actually likes me?
"I like you too," I reply.
"Then what are we arguing about?" Miles asks. I look down.
"I just need time Miles. And so do you," I tell him. Carly Cato, what just came out of your mouth?
"Carly-"
"Please Miles?" He slowly nods his head in agreement and turns to walk out. Please don't leave. The door closed with a thud. I try to rehearse for a while, but eventually it's clear I'm not making any progress. Slowly I begin packing up, deliberately taking my time. I take my time making my way back to the dance wing, purposely taking the back staircase in hopes of avoiding anyone in the music program. My hopes are immediately crushed however, when I find none other than Bianca and Alya perched at the top of the stairs.
"Hey C!" Alya says happily when she sees me. I try to force a smile.
"Hey. What are you guys doing here?" I ask.
"We hang here a lot, good song writing vibes," Alya replies. Of course they hang out here.
"So, how're you and Miles?" Bianca asks with a grin. My face immediately drops.
"Oh. We- We're not," I stutter. Bianca and Alya look at me with concern.
"What did that dumb boy do now?" Bianca demands.
"What? It's nothing," I lie.
"Yeah right. Don't worry C, boys are dumb. I tell Miles that all the time. I'm sure Miles will come around soon and beg for forgiveness," Bianca assures me.
"I don't think so this time, Julie," I start. Bianca's face instantly hardens.
"That little," she spits out, jumping to her feet. Alya calmly pulls her back down.
"Bianca, No," she says sternly before turning to me.
"Carly, I am so sorry," she says, pulling me into a hug. I force out a laugh.
"It's fine. Really. I mean, we weren't even dating so it's not like he did anything wrong," I say. Bianca shakes her head.
"That's not an excuse. Miles should have known better," she says. I shrug.
"Well, it's over and done with now," I reply.
"Hey, chin up, believe me, he's not worth it," she says with a laugh. I smile.
"I gotta get to class, thanks for talking," I tell them.
"Hey, we're here anytime," Bianca says.

Word Count: 627

AN
Awww, Carly is bonding with Alya and Bianca: )