Opposites Attract pt.2

Lena reached for another tissue, paying no excuse to the river of crumpled up papers. She sniffed. God, what an idiot she'd  been, thinking that she could fit in for just one godamn day.

But of course, the universe had other wishes, those of which include her never having a social life. Or a romantic life. Or, just a normal life in general.

***[A week later]
The Luthor smelled her Plumeries, such sweet scented flowers that were so awfully expensive. Though, luckily she had snagged a few from a lovely lady, just wishing for a dollar in return- of course Lena offered more, twenty-nine more dimes to be exact.

Catching the faint smell of burnt cigarettes, she scrunched her nose in distaste. The scent only seemed to get more potent as she walked through the barely lit alleyway.

Unbeknownst to her, a man stood leering at her behind, a brutish grin on his face. Without a thought he plunged his hand forward, successfully gripping the young woman's posterior. In response, Lena let out a loud squeal, immediately jumping away from the offending hand. As she turned, she stared at the man with a rather feared expression. "Is.. Is there anything you need sir?"
She managed to make out.

"Sure girly, I'm looking at 'er," He once again makes a grab for her wrists, this time successfully dragging her to the ground.

"S-stop! Get off of me!" Lena yells, though to her it seems like a whisper. Breaking her right hand out of his hold, she punches him, making a sickening sound as blood splattered out his nose.

"You little bitch!" He shouts, his callous palm colliding with her soft cheek. Lena whimpers, the pain spreading throughout her right cheek.

"This'll teach ya," He smirks, his disgusting sweaty hand reaching for her chest. He didn't care that she's clearly in pain. He didn't care that tears were slipping down her face. He didn't care of the impact his actions would have on her. But he certainly would care if something rather large hit him on the head from behind, maybe like a metal saucepan.

"Get off of her, scum," an angry voice shouts, roughly grabbing the man by the collar and throwing him to the floor. He falls unconscious, darkness welcoming him into sleep. Kara grabs a nearby rope, tying him up and throwing him onto the streets.

Lena looks in amazement and fear, sight blurry through her tear filled eyes. "K-kara?"

The blondes eyes soften, before hardening at the condition Lena was in; tears and rips in her clothing, a bouquet of trampled flowers on the ground, and a large bruise the shape of a hand forming onto her face. Effortlessly, Kara picks Lena up, bridle carrying her to her abode which were nearly three streets away.

Lena made quiet whimpering noises, either from fear or relief- she couldn't tell. Along the way, her eyes dropped, finally succumbing to sleep in safe, warm arms.

Looking down at the younger woman sleeping on her chest, a small smile of realization tugged at Kara's lips.

Godamn feelings.