Birthday

Large Part 3 spoilers! Boi, don't read without watching the whole series.

Two years since the Eternal Night incident, and nothing was really going on anymore. Gunnar was gone, no rogue Trolls, and Jim wasn't dead yet. Hence, him still being the Trollhunter, except now in New Jersey.

Their journey to New Jersey had lasted at least 5 months. There were a few squabbles along the way, which lead to further delays. One particular 'incident', was Merlin leaving the group, with them not having any idea of where they were going. He was rambling on about random nonsense, and Blinky thought he was ill. They found New Jersey, but Merlin never did come back.

This New Jersey Trollmarket didn't do much. Except for the rare occasion, when they had a reason to celebrate. Like, today.

~~~

Jim strolled around Trollmarket 2.0, looking for something to do. Everyone was gone, so there was utterly no noise. Jim knew they were up to something. He tried looking for them everywhere. Except, he never checked the new Hero's Forge, which was guarded at every moment. They wouldn't even let him, the Trollhunter, in there.

Finally, he spotted something running towards him. Jim was sitting by a rock, when NotErique approached him.

"Yo, Jim. There was an accident at the Hero's Forge. They sent me to get you, for no apparent reason, what so ever."

"Really? No apparent reason, you say?"

"Just, come with me."

They walked in silence all the way to the Hero's Forge, where the door was open, with no guards inside. Also, the Forge was pretty dark. When Jim stepped inside, the light came back, and all his friends jumped out from behind pillars, or racks of armour and weapons.

"Surprise!" They yelled in almost impecable unison.

Jim was taken aback, by the sudden actions. All sorts of Trolls and creatures ran up to Jim, and hugged him, said Happy Birthday, or shook his unarmoured hand.

That's right. Jim had forgotten about his birthday, let alone knowing someone was bound to do something for his birthday. 

The Trolls brought him many gifts, since that was an old human custom. Some gave him weapons, others useless armour. NotErique gave him some socks, Blinky gave him an upgrade for Eclipse, and the Wumpas sang Toby's song that he created.

The party became lively, as new challenges arose, whatever they had as a cake, since no one liked cake. As well as dancing, singing songs, and a few party games Blinky thought of.

As the party died down, Jim noticed something. Where was Claire? Blinky told Jim that she'd be here soon. He was told that, at least 7 times. But, he really longed to see her. She was still his girlfriend, after all. And, how could she miss a surprise party like this.

Eventually, Jim left the Forge to go find Claire. He raced to where she spent most of her days, her new room. It was a close match to the old room, in Arcadia. They even had the room built high enough, so Jim could have his 'visits through the window', like he used to. Which was exactly what he did. He went through her window.

There she was, on her bed. Waiting for him? Weird...he thought.

She stood up, and handed Jim a vial with the words 'Happy 18th, Jim' written on the label.

"Drink it. Just, trust me, ok?" She said, in a slightly rushed tone.

"Why would I ever doubt you, Claire? You're my girlfriend."

"Just do it, please?"

So, he drank the red substance. Then, Jim felt a sharp pain in his forehead.

"Gah! What is this?" He asked, hoping she didn't go psycho again.

"Jim, the pain should be normal. And, this is my present to you."

"Should be?! What do you mean, should be?!"

"Is the pain gone, or are you being a wimp?"

The pain was gone. He felt something new inside him. Something... Human?

"Ok... Now, think of you being human again." Claire said, taking Jim's hands in hers.

"Why would I do tha-"

"Just do it."

So, he did. Slowly, Jim began to turn human. Weird... He had closed his eyes when Claire grabbed his hands, so he honestly had no idea of what was happening.

After a few minutes, he opened his eyes. Claire was still there, but she had a huge smile plastered on her face.

"It worked," she whispered "It really worked!"

"What worked? What did you- Oh my god, I'm human."

"Changeling. You are Changeling, Jim."

Jim took his armour off, and looked at his bare hands. He couldn't believe it! He was now roughly human, thanks to his stunningly smart girlfriend. He scooped her up, and twirled her around. He planted multiple kisses all over her face, taking short pauses to thank her.

He finally placed her on the ground, and he was still holding her. Hands on her hips, with her hands now wrapped around his neck. Jim couldn't believe it! His girlfriend found the recipe to make his crazy monstrosity, turn into a Changeling. So many emotions were flowing through him. So many human emotions.

Jim stared into Claire's cocoa eyes, like it had been years since he last saw her. Eventually, not trying to destroy their moment, Claire began to speak.

"So, was that ok?"

"Mm-hm."

"Even after the pain?"

"Oh yeah."

"Even after all the suffering through that hard, and gruelling urge to ask to have this sooner?"

"Yup."

"Oh, thank heavens." Claire said with a sigh of relief.

Soon enough, Jim couldn't take it anymore. He softly kissed Claire's rosy lips, adding more passion as the kiss extended. He pulled her closer, leaving no gaps between the two of them. Claire was running her hands threw his hair. Nothing meant more to them, than this. They could finally have... This. It was all so perfect to them.

They finally broke apart, Jim still holding her close, swaying left to right. Claire moved her hands back to his neck, enjoying his embrace. Again, Claire was the first to speak.

"I've got a date planned for us to celebrate."

"Hmm... That be nice."

"There's a dock nearby."

"Hm."

"You can feel the warm sun again. We could head to the beach."

"Is there a nice cliff side?"

"Not as nice as the one in Arcadia!"

"Well, no. Nothing beats that."

"But, we could still go. That is, if you wanted to?"

"That'd be nice."

"It's settled then. We'll go at sunrise."

"Well, best I go."

"Oh no, you don't!" Claire said just before Jim had time to move to the window. She grabbed his arm, and pulled him onto the bed. "You are staying with me."

"Fine by me. Just wait till Blinky hears."

"He'll be fine."

And with that, Claire joined him, and pulled the blankets over the two of them. Soon, Jim was off to sleep. But before he drifted off, he felt a short kiss on his forehead. Then, he heard Claire whisper.

"Have a good rest, birthday boy."

Woo! That was fun! So, I'm debating if I should do a Part 2. What are you guys thinking? Should I? Hmmm...

I don't know.

Oatmeal Out!