Home

"There! That looks good."Claire said. 

A few years after Jim's brave girlfriend turned him into a changeling, they finally decided to move out of New Jersey Trollmarket. Both of them were 22, and they thought they should try to live in the human world. They found an apartment that they would share, until and if, they went their separate ways. But, according to Claire, that was going to be very unlikely.

They were moving around some furniture they just bought, and Claire was busy decorating. She was hanging a few photographs on a wall behind the sofa, when Jim decided to come look. There was 6 photos, all in different places on the wall, like a collage. Jim decided to make sure his girlfriend had all of them.

"So you have the one of Blinky and Arrgh, the one of me with you and Tobes, our friends from high school, you and Erique, me with my mom, and you and I?"

"Yeah. But, there still is one more. Remember the quote that you liked? The only Blinky said? I have a spot for it, right in the middle." Claire called from another room. She was digging around, when she finally found the large, framed quote. She grabbed the hammer and nail she left out, and hung the quote right in the middle.

"Perfect." She sighed, looking at her magnificent artwork on the apartment wall. Jim was finished with a few boxes, which he broke down, and stored away for another use. He came back into the room, and sat on their new sofa.

"It's beautiful, Claire."

She sat down beside him,"It's nothing, really. Just a little bit of home."

"You mean, Arcadia? That was our home, when we were teens. Now, we'll make this our home."

"Together?"

"Together."

She got up, and patted his shoulder. Then, she headed towards the kitchen to grab her phone. She flipped through it seeing a few messages, saying 'Congrats' and 'We miss you' from numerous friends from Arcadia. Even Toby said something: 'I knew you two lovebirds would move in, eventually! Congrats!😜' It was pretty funny. 

Claire did love Jim. More than anything, in fact. He was the air she breathed, her lifeline. He meant everything to her. Jim felt the same way. If something happened to her, he wouldn't know he could go on. He once told her, that he wouldn't be able to go on without her.

"I'm ordering takeout, Jim. You've done a lot today. You don't need to cook."

"Okay." Jim replied with a smile. Perfect. He had something for her, that was very special.

Jim raced to their bedroom, where a specially marked box was labeled 'Jim's Clothes. Don't touch them, Claire!' He tore it open, searching for the small box. He found the black leather box, with the base no bigger than his palm. A ring box.

When he returned from their bedroom, he found Claire had already finished, and was sitting on the couch. He walked towards her, fairly calm, since he was about to determine the fate of their relationship.

"Claire..."

"Hm? What's up?" She looked up from her phone.

"These past few years have been the best. It's not because of being the Trollhunter, or turning into a changeling on my 18th birthday. It's because of you."

"Jim...what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Through the hard times, and the good ones too. You mean everything to me, Claire. You were an angel, dropped from the heavens, that I stumbled across. You are a miracle that happened to me, Claire. So, I just ask you this:"

Jim dropped to one knee, and Claire dropped her phone on the couch and gasped. Jim held the black box, and slowly opened it to reveal a beautiful ring. It was a purple Amethyst, with two silver roses beside the gem. There were diamonds, that cascaded down the band of the ring. The gems shone brightly, in the dim light from the lamps around them.

"Would you marry me, Claire?"

"Oh my god, Jim. Is that even a question? Yes, yes, a thousand times yes!"

She bound up, off the couch, and pulled him into a loving embrace. When she let go, Jim carefully slid the ring onto her left hand. He set the box down, and stood up. He pulled her into a passionate kiss, enjoying the moment.

He had her. He was feeling such a rush. Nothing could stop his love for her. Nothing in the entire universe. He was marrying the girl of his fantasy, the girl he loved, the girl he knew would stay by his side. He had finally found a soul to entwine with his own: Claire Nuñez.

When they broke, they stayed in the embrace, never letting go. Jim decided to break the silence, a few moments later.

"So..."

"We need to go get the food."

"Yeah. But first, we need a new picture. And this one, is getting sent to everyone in those photos."

He grabbe her phone, and took a photo of him holding Claire, with Claire's hand with the ring pressed against his chest. The ring was visible in the photo, when he sent it to all his friends. Once it was sent, they started to walk to go get the food.

"Best you turn off the ringer on your phone, my dear wife." As Jim handed the phone back to Claire.

"No worries, my dear husband. But, we aren't there yet. Wait a few months."

"Ah. I love you, Claire Nuñez."

"You mean, Claire Lake."

"No matter what your name is, I still love you."

"I love you, too. No matter what."

And, with that, they were on the streets of New Jersey, hand in hand, going to pick up some food.

All creds. to the jeweller. This was fun to do. Had huge amount of writer's block.