Chapter 1

". . . In other news, authorities that are still looking for the ones who broke into the museum. Luckily there were no casualties and the officers shot are making a full recovery. If you have any tips please-"

I shut the T.V. off. It was the same thing we had been hearing the last few weeks. I was glad that nobody was seriously injured but I still didn't like that guilt weighing on my shoulders.

We've all been super paranoid the last few weeks and just laying low. We've let everything settle down and have kept a watchful eye out for the Akatsuki. I haven't gotten any more dutiful yellow packages but for some reason that only made me more nervous.

At least it's been a rather uneventful few weeks and quite boring to say the least, which is kind of a nice change of pace.

I feel like Sasuke's house is bigger than I remember. He had plenty of spare rooms so just about everybody moved in. Temari and I shared a space, Ino, Ten Ten and Hinata roomed. Naruto stayed in Sasuke's room (I'm really curious how that played out) and Neji and Kiba were together. Choji, Shikamaru, Shino and the new kid, Sai, were always in and out. Gaara and Konkuro stayed in their apartment but constantly checked up on us and crashing on the couches.

It's been nice, getting to be so close to my friends again. We kind of gave ourselves a fresh start. We've been getting along but I still don't know how to act around Sasuke. We can't have the relationship we had back then and any way we rekindle it, if that happens, it will be undeniably different.

It's been fun, we've all pitched in with chores and groceries. We always eat dinner together and we all have dishes to contribute.

I've caught up with all the schoolwork I had missed while opting not to go and I've been extra careful not to go anywhere alone. I also have the others constantly on me, annoying at times but they all have their ways of showing they care.

It was currently pouring outside, making everyone stay in doors. I sat by the window, reading a book and sipping some tea as I listened to the rain pat pat patting against the window.

"Hey Sakura," I looked up to see Naruto. . . and Sasuke, "we got something to show you." With that he turned around and Sasuke followed. I put a bookmark in my book and put on the table for me to come back to later.

I followed them down into the basement where Sasuke kept a bunch of workout equipment. I have never set foot down here so it made me wonder why they would bring me here now.

"We figured it was high time to teach you some moves," Naruto said, opening a door to a room I had never seen before. The room was giant! It had massive mats on the floor, targets at the far end, punching bags and all sorts of weapons and training gear that would make the hunger games proud.

"W-why have you brought me here?" I stammered in awe (and a little terrified) of the place.

"You need to be able to defend yourself. Build up some muscle and get you body more in. . . shape," Sasuke says bluntly.

I glared at him. "Hey! I can defend myself just fine! and I am perfectly in shape thank you very much!" I folded my arms and humphed.

Faster than I could blink , Sasuke grabbed my arm and kicked my feet out from under me. I landed with a thud and groaned in pain as he pinned me to the floor.

"Ow," I grumbled.

Naruto gave out a hearty laugh. "We all have skills that we can teach you. I think a lot of us would feel a lot better knowing you have a way to get out of sticky situations."

Sasuke got off and was even gentlemanly enough to help me up. I rubbed my back and grumbled some more.

I did want to be able to defend myself. I was tired of being so freaking weak all the time.