Chapter 20

"So, give us the details."

"Eh, I only share when I'm out of the cuffs. I'm funny that way."

Despite themselves, my friends cracked smiles while Tsunade only looked exasperated. Hey, my sarcasm was the best way I could think of to let my friends know that I'm okay.

"We've discussed why we can't do that. The cuffs don't come off until we get the results."

I propped my feet up on the desk and shrugged, "Guess we'll wait." Whoops, I'm being a bitch. Oh well, I've been through too much today and I just want these cuffs off because they hurt. Give it a few minutes and I'll yield because I needed to get in contact with Gaara.

Tsunade rolled her eyes and pushed a button on the wall.

"Get Miss Haruno's test results to me ASAP," she barked. Maybe I should try and not piss her off. As soon as she turned around to grab the door, I started to unlock my own shackles.

When the door opened someone stepped in and handed Tsunade a small stack of papers. She read them over, her eyes quickly skimming over the lines.

"She's clean."

"Great, now that that's taken care of, " I start, dropping my shackles on the table and putting my hands behind my head. Tsunade gave me an irritated look. "What? My parents are secret agents on the run from the Akatsuki. Do you think I wouldn't know some tips and tricks? I'm sorry but we're way past the point of treating me like a child. I'e come too far and done this on my own for so long. The agency isn't going to come in and take it over because they decided they suddenly wanted to help. You don't know the full extent of the situation, not anymore but if we do this, we do it together because frankly, I need all the help I can get."

Lady Tsunade looked mad but reluctantly nodded her head.

"Sorry to sound like an ungrateful bitch; I've put in trust when it wasn't due and it cost me. Now, first things first, has anyone been in contact with the sand siblings?"

My friends shake their heads.

"Phones are deactivated before you enter this building and GPS rerouted so its harder to tap phones. This helps to prevent tracking this building, using our phones to listen in on our conversations and so on," Ten Ten explains.

"I need you to get someone to call the sand agency and warn them of an Akatsuki attack. Warn Gaara especially to watch his back."

Lady Tsunade pushed the button once more and assistant principle Shizune showed up. She was given the message and the door was shut once more. They all turned to look at me expectantly. 

I sighed, "Alright. So believe me when I tell you, I really wasn't looking for trouble today okay? Just some shoes. All good and well until I noticed Itachi coming out of a store and thought I would go say hi. But he was acting super strange and carrying a large bag, which he handed a portion of to a stranger," I shrugged, "So I did the sensible thing, I grabbed Naruto and followed him."

I looked to Sasuke, to try and gauge his reaction, but he nodded like this was something he was expecting. 

"Why didn't you tell us?" Ino accuses.

"Honestly? I was hoping that it was nothing. But if I had said anything, your stubborn butt would insist on coming then nobody would've been able to report us missing probably until it was much to late." 

She shut her mouth because she knew I was right. She would never admit that of course. 

"Anyway, we followed Itachi behind some shops and. . . sorry Sasuke, but your brother is an Akatsuki member."