Chapter 11

Temari~

It's thanksgiving, school has been let out for a long weekend and we have all been bustling around Sasuke's house preparing for our grand friendsgiving feast tonight. Its been an equally slow and chaotic few days which is to be expected when so many people are in the same household.

I've noticed certain shifts within the environment and between people, it's just kind of who I am and now I do it self consciously because of my training. . . that and some of the girls told me about it.

Ten Ten had told us her wild adventures with Neji in the training room and everything that came with it. We teased her hella hard and agreed that kissing someone on the training room floor was gross but the way that it aspired was cute. She still is unsure where they stand and it's interesting to watch them interact because clearly they are confused little cinnamon rolls. They are around each other more, though they don't exactly openly flirt but Neji seems to have more expression these days and since I've met I'd say it's an improvement.

Since Ten Ten was telling us of her stories, she knarked on Hinata and told us all how she had fallen asleep on the couch with Naruto. The girl shyly told us how he had made her tea and that she read to him because they both had to read the book for their class.

Their behavior wasn't the only ones that I noticed though. Everyone has been slightly on edge with Itachi around and he has been sure to make his presence known. He's like over the shoulder parent, constantly reminding us to do this and do that, I think he is one step away from making a chore wheel.

Nobody knows what he does or why he is here exactly and although he is fairly nice, he sometimes pops up out of nowhere. He is also keeps to himself so we don't often see him and he has expressly told us that his section of the house is off limits.

The person he has talked to the most is my dear friend Sakura. But it seems more deliberately staged and I don't miss the looks he gives his brother. I've expressed my concern to Sakura and she has just assured me that they are catching up and she's missed talking to Itachi.

Although he doesn't really show, I can tell that Sasuke is bothered by his brother's presence. He might even be mad because from a distance Sakura and Itachi looked like they were low key flirting but its not my place.

We were currently all in the kitchen, splitting up jobs to do. We were split into who was doing turkey, making mashed potatoes, stuffing, yams, desserts, and many other foods we were expecting to have tonight. My mouth watered in anticipation, I love thanksgiving food.

They were about to assign Sakura to turkey duty but I thought that was a bad idea.

"whatever you do, Sakura should not be in charge of the turkey," I announced.

"Why?" Naruto asked.

"Temari that was one time and it wasn't even my fault!" She exclaimed. But here's the thing it totally was her fault.

"I'm a little scared to ask but, what happened?"

"Let's just say it was a blackened turkey, the fire department got involved, I had to invest in a new wardrobe and I had burns for weeks. I was lectured forever about holiday safety and I don't wanna talk about it," she folded her arms and pouted against the counter. That was the funniest and my most favorite thanksgiving ever.

"Alrighty then. . . how does mashed potato duty sound to you?" Ino asked, she was the one with the list and bossing everyone around, something we have all gotten used to.

Sakura shrugged, still pouting "yeah okay."

Once jobs were divied up, we all separated to our own parts of the kitchen. Some of us had other jobs like getting the dining room prepped and plated.