Chapter 1

A little girl of six years old was running away from some goons. She tried her best to his herself away from them, but in the end, one of the goons caught her from her back. She struggled, she wanted to get back to her mother. She wanted to free herself, but she was so weak against the though men she was struggling with. He had simply scooped her into his arms and got into a white van with no number plate which was awaiting for him in the corner. The little girl had passed out in a while as she kept crying. Hopes were gone along with her cries. She was never going to see her mother again. She was never going to be home again. She knew it. She was warned, but she didn't foresee her driver bhaiya betraying her family like that. During her last few conscious moments, where she was swaying between two realms, she prayed that someone would save her.

"Please God... please help me... Send your Angel if you're too busy... Send Mama..."

And thus, she passed out.

Then, after what it seems like ages, after surviving continuous nightmares, she finally regained her consciousness, only to be finding herself being hold by an Angel! Or that's whom she thought it was.

"Baby? Are you fine?" The Angel asked.

All that the girl could do was nod. She was feeling dizzy and was struggling to stay conscious.

"Baby, don't sleep. Stay with me. Hey, listen, what's your name?" Her voice was shaky. It seemed obvious that the woman in whose arms she was was afraid of losing the girl. She had to stay conscious, at least till they reach the hospital so that the smoke she had inhaled wouldn't deteriote her health.

"Ay..ra!" The little girl whispered.

"Ayra. Aww! That's such a pretty name! Do you know what my name is?"

Ayra slowly shook her head.

"My name is Anika!" Ayra's Angel replied with a smile.

"It's... pretty!" Ayra commented, still juggling between the two state of mind.

"Ayra, baby, how old are you?" Anika asked her worried. She was doing everything in her best to keep the little girl conscious. Being a scientist, a chemist to be more precise, Anika knew the harm of inhaling toxic gasses, and the effect of each kind of exposure.

Ayra subtly raised her pinky finger on her left hand and raised her right hand, showing six to Anika.

"That's nice. You're six years old then. Do you remember your Mummy or Papa's number?"

Ayra nodded yet again. As soon as Ayra recited her mother's phone number which she remembered by her heart, Anika passed it to her driver and asked him to call her up right away. And to their luck, they had reached the hospital just then. Anika lifted little Ayra in her arms and ran across the emergency and trauma ward to get Ayra to the doctor. She knew that the little girl  can't afford to lose even a second without a proper treatment.

* * *

A week later.

"Ayra! Stop running around, baby!" Priyanka, Ayra's mother ran behind her.

"Mummy! Catch me if you can!" Ayra squealed with joy as she climbed on the couch and jumped onto the other side.

"Ayra!!!" Another familiar voice was heard.

Ayra immediately stopped running and turned to look towards the door. Finally, that one person whom she missed for an entire week was in front of her. Cherry on the cake was that it was her birthday today and God had just fulfilled one of her wishes that she made before sleeping last night.