Chapter 4

Shivaay very stealthily unlocked the doors of his house as he knew that everyone else would have been to bed. It was nearly half-past one by the time his work was over. Luckily none of his officers lost their life that night, but it was a futile mission. The information they received was too easy and too correct. Nevertheless, from the attack, they managed to seize some drugs, but it was more like a bait kind of drug. It didn't seem like the usual kind of consignments which VPC would get involved in. Just then, while being lost in his thoughts, he had accidentally dropped his house keys and heard the voice of someone being startled.

Shivaay immediately fought his first instinct to call out to that person. He very well knew that everyone should be in their bed already. He swiftly took out his gun and got it ready, in an armed position, his left hand which held his mobile with the flashlight turned on was placed above the right hand in which he was holding the gun. He took of his shoes as well, in order to trick that person. He began walking around the house, looking through the nooks and corner. Just when he was about to enter the kitchen, he was nearly hit on the face with a frying pan. Fortunately, Shivaay was quick enough to realize that unexpected move and quickly ducked. As if his body was automated to the actions, he snatched the frying pan away from that person's hand, held the hand firmly and pulled the person out towards him and pinned that person to the nearby wall as he pointed the gun on the person's forehead.

Only then did Shivaay realized that that person was none other than his earlier date, Anika. Her eyes were tightly shut and her mouth was fumbling some gibberish language which only she understood, most probably.

"Anika? What are you doing here, still?" He asked curiously.

Only after hearing his voice, Anika opened her eyes and looked at him. That was when she realized that the 'thief' was none other than the owner of the house.

'You and your stupid sixth sense!' Anika taunted herself and smiled nervously at Shivaay.

"What are you doing here and why aren't you asleep yet?" Shivaay asked her yet again upon not getting any response from her.

"Woh, actually, I came to fetch water and I thought there was a thief, so I hid here and took the frying pan as my weapon. I had no idea that it was you. My sixth sense told me that someone was sneaking. That's why!" Anika confessed.

"Oh God, Anika! I could have shot you, you know! Why didn't you voice out, huh?" 

"How am I supposed to know that it was you? I thought it was someone else. And it's so weird! Why would you sneak into your own house? So, my sixth sense concluded that it's a thief! and yes, was it the way to enter your house?" Anika cross-questioned him.

"What's the time now?" Shivaay asked her plainly ignoring the question she imposed on him.

"Almost 2 in the morning."

"Hmm. And when you enter your house at this time, anyone would sneak in stealthily Anika." Shivaay calmly explained to her.

"Yeah! But through the window?! That's still weird, right?" Anika stated plainly.

"Shush!" Shivaay immediately shushed her. He came in through the main door. So, the question remains, who was it that sneaked in through the window?

"Which window was it?" Shivaay whispered to her.

"Why are you whispering now?" Anika asked, being confused, still she had the sense to whisper back to him.

"I came in through the door!" That alone was enough to make Anika understand that whom she saw wasn't Shivaay and also that her sixth sense was working perfectly fine.