Chapter 3

Three days later, it was Saturday. The weekend where Anika had asked Shivaay out for the Marvel movie. They had exchanged their numbers that night when Shivaay had dropped her back home upon Ayra's insistence. Though Anika had politely declined Shivaay's help, still she couldn't say no to the little girl.

Anika was really excited for the 'date'. Though she was just teasing him when she had asked him out for the movie during the birthday party, but to her surprise, the next day, he had sent her the details of their ticket on Whatsapp. She had received the message while she was with her father for breakfast and she literally choked on her pancake as she squealed in joy. To make things even worse, her father had teased her regarding the little 'date', making her blush uncontrollably like a love-sick teenager. Her father had even made the attempt to get her some new outfits as Anika isn't really someone who dresses up. She was content with what she had in her wardrobe unlike the other girls of her age. She also had no problem in repeating her outfits as she finds it really ridiculous to be getting a new outfit each time when the old ones are still perfectly fine.

Anika rushed out of the bathroom while drying her wet hair with the help of a towel. She hadn't washed her hair for three days due to the hectic schedule in her lab. Initially she thought of pulling her hair up into a pony but when daddy dearest had insisted her to wash it, she had no other choice. However, she was running late due to the hairwash.

'I should have left early and get to the saloon!'

Cursing herself mentally for her poor decision making, Anika quickly glanced through her new outfits.

'Arrgghh! Why didn't I just pull the outfits earlier?'

While going through the outfits yet again, Anika made a mental note to herself to never repeat this kind of behaviour for their next date. How convenient it would have been if only she had picked them out earlier.

'Stupid Anika!'

Finally, having had enough of the choices laid in front of her, she decided to put on a striped T-Shirt dress that ends right above her knees and took a denim jacket to be worn over it so that she won't freeze in the movie theatre.

Keeping her looks as simple as possible, Anika just put on some eyeliner, mascara and a brown matte lipstick.

'People get dressed up really well for their first date and here I am... considering that this is over done! Haish!' Her inner voice taunted again.

Then, she pulled her hair up into a high-up pony tail. That's her favourite hairstyle and it makes her face looks a bit thinner.

'Anika's logic!'

Once she was happy with her looks, she turned to look at her jewellery box. Her jewellery box has literally everything a girl would want to have; from the traditional authentic designs to modern, suave designs. But, here's the catch, she buys but she never wears. Whenever she dresses up, she would take a couple of minutes to glance through all her jewellery before settling down for her all-time favourite ring pendant chain which was brought by her father and a small diamond studs. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh! Not to forget her watch. She practically has at least a dozen of watches but, she only wears the simple, thin metallic strapped Polo watch that her mother got for her before her untimely demise. Anika considered it as her good-luck charm.