Chapter 2: It's hard sometimes

"Shiro?"

Shiro's eyes widened as he pulled away. He grabbed Keith's hand.

"Keith! You're okay!" Shiro shouted .

"Yeah. I'm fine. By the way did my mum say when she was coming back yesterday?"

"Yesterday?" Shiro questioned the sleepy male. "Keith...that was two weeks ago."

"W-what!? 2 weeks!? Wait how is everyone else?" Keith grabbed on to Shiro "Everyone is okay right?"

Shiro clicked his tongue.

Shiro pushed Keith back on to his bed and climbed on top, hovering above him, his body seemed much smaller and fragile compared to Shiro's figure.

"S-Shiro?" Keith stared at the man he had admired for a long time. Shiro stared deep into his large cat-like eyes. He saw himself in Keith.

"Why can't you just worry about yourself more..?" Shiro whispered under his breath.

Keith's hands reached up and gently traced Shiro's strong jawline. His thumbs barely touched his lips but he could already feel the roughness and the chapness. Shiro tilted his head and went deeper into Keith's hand. They were so soft and slender, almost like a girls.

"Shiro...I can't help but worry about everyone. Even you..."

The sweet aroma returned, drugging the two males and sending them to a world of their own.

"Shiro...I-" Keith began but was silenced upon the sudden impact of Shiro's rough and chapped lips against his.

Shiro pinned Keith underneath him and melted into his touch..but it wasn't enough. Keith's flushed face aroused Shiro making him want to touch more and more and go further and further.

Shiro threw the bed covers off Keith and-

Shiro. I'm dead because of you

Shiro gasped and flinched away from Keith's grasp. He leapt off the bed.

"I-" Shiro began.

"KEITHHHHHHHHH, ARE YOU OKAY-" The other paladins and Coran burst into the room and instantly sensed the tension between Shiro and Keith as well as the strange sweet smell which kept growing stronger.

Footsteps came running down the hallway increasing in sound as it got closer. It was James, Keith's former classmate.

"I knew it. Ok everyone get out." James commanded everyone and locked Keith's room with everyone waiting outside.

"James..I-I..can't...please help..me" Keith moaned, crawling up to the male.

"...I knew your dumbass was an omega..." James was slightly flushed at the sight of a once so strong, lone wolf now begging to be fucked.

"Mmm..please..." Keith begged.
His hormones continued to leak outside the spaces between the door, searching for a nice strong alpha.

"Hah...even though we're both omegas...you still have a charm..don't blame me" James took off his pants and hovered behind Keith.

--Timeskip--

The door to Keith's room unlocked and the sweet aroma had vanished.

Apart from Shiro and Allura, who are both Alphas, no one seemed to really understand what had just happened and neither Allura or Shiro wanted to explain.

Everyone was let inside.

"Ok so we have serious problems" Hunk remained oblivious to the tense atmosphere and got down to business leaving the other paladins to follow his tracks.

"We all have disabilities in our limbs that match with our positions in voltron" Allura stated.

"Once we figured this out we realised that your position,being the head and all, puts you in a very dangerous position" Pidge finished.

"You see,about that-" Shiro began before Keith interrupted.

"Don't worry guys,I'm fine. The main problem at hand is that we aren't going to be able to take part in any missions due to your conditions." Keith announced.

"We thought about that too however it is possible that due to the updated technology on Earth and the Atlas. It is possible that they could go in our place until we recover" Pidge pointed out "The Atlas is very,very strong"

"But we could be endangering peoples lives" Hunk noted.

"But there could be other Alteans out there! And if we don't save them, they could perish!" Allura yelled with her fists clenched "I...I feel so useless that I can't pilot the blue lion. There are others out there still in danger and we can't even do anything!"

"So you're saying we should sacrifice our family and our friends who have hardly any experience in combat to save other life forms?" Hunk asked with rage bubbling within him.

"Yes!" Allura immidiently replied but then realised what she agreed to. "Wait-"

"Where were they when Earth was in danger? We've already spent so long away from home, why can't they stand up for themselves for once! I could have saved my family sooner!"  Hunk growled at Allura who stood in silence.

"HEY! Enough." Lance shouted but it was already too late.

"Lance...I have to agree with Hunk...I already nearly lost my dad and Matt. I  know this was my plan but I don't think I could go through with it knowing they could die." Pidge sighed.

"Lance. You have a family too. What would you do if you had lost them? No one tried to help Earth despite the fact we helped them from Galra." Hunk turned to Lance.

"Allura...he's right. If I lost them I'd never have the will to pilot the red lion, let alone form voltron" Lance gave Allura a saddened look.

"But it's your duty to protect the galaxy!" Coran pointed out but 3 of the paladins looked at him in doubt.

"But we can't protect every planet at the same time. Our home nearly got destroyed!" Pidge growled.

"And thousands of other planets will be destroyed too if we don't send Atlas out there!" Allura growled back.

"Lance,Pidge,Hunk. Come on guys. You know Allura is right. And I'm sure nobody will be against it" Shiro began.

"Shiro, where is your family?" Pidge hissed "You have nothing to be worried about at all."

"ENOUGH" Keith shouted with all might. His voice echoed through out the room.

"Raise your hand if you're against the Atlas going into space" Keith quietly commanded.

Lance,Pidge and Hunk all raised their hands without hesitation.

"So that's 3 vs 3." Keith thought to himself. Everyone in the room looked at him. He knew and they knew that his vote was going to determine the outcome.

"I think the Atlas should go into space."