Chapter||Eighteen

Not Edited ||

Alexander's POV**

I lightly run my fingers over the smooth skin of her chin as she blissfully sleeps on my chest. I woke up earlier from our nap feeling rather refreshed and Hungry.

I eventually agreed to come over to her place, I didn't want to get close to her world. I agreed nonetheless, because I didn't want to see the troubled look on her face. The frown the creases on her forehead and the small pout. I couldn't do it, I couldn't say no to her.

The building she brought me to was five stories tall and had beautiful interior designs. A huge kitchen on the first floor and an elevator. So I went with her, it was now my time to revolve around her world.

I had noticed she lived alone, I wondered if she hand any family other then Ryan. She didn't No pictures, books and important things in her room. It was like if she wanted to disappear she'd just put her shoes on and leave.

I shake the thoughts out of my mind and focus on our earlier moments. I smile at the memory as she changed me into a shirt that was my size and helped me clean up the blood stains on my face.

it was getting extremely hard not to like her, it felt like her whole life revolved around me. I wasn't complaining, she was so beautiful and she liked me.

"Yes..mmm" I raised my eyebrows in confusion, I slowly glanced down to her eyes and noticed that she was still asleep but was now mumbling in her sleep. I gently tugged a few strands of hair behind her ear. 

She was something

She continued to squirm beside me as she slept peacefully and I couldn't get enough of her heartbeat. Listening to her steady heart was music to my ears and my favorite thing in the world. I couldn't ignore the tingling sparks whenever she touched me and her gorgeous eyes. They always lit up when she saw me, it was like I was everything to her.

I had only known this girl for two weeks and she's already getting to me. I hadn't asked for her to like me, or even care for me. But she was here and that made something in me happy.

My heart, I was feeling loved and cared for. I hadn't felt that in years, and yet she was here doing everything so she wouldn't see me unhappy.

I don't know how she managed to fight Hunter, and I don't think he'll let that slide. There was only one word that was tracing my mind, that even Hunter seem to know.

Mate.

Skyler had said that many times, and I just took it as in a slang. How Australians say mate... friend. But she didn't have an accent to her speech so there was only one conclusion.

This word meant everything to werewolves and I just pieced everything together. She uttered that word to me before, that I was her mate, which meant I was her soulmate.

But how? And why? I'm just a human.

If I was her mate, then I'm just a burden to her. I'm a pathetic human after all and I'm sure she'd get tired of me.

I sighed deeply and closed my eyes just as my phone began to ring. Slowly grabbing my jacket beside the bed, I made the mistake of dropping it. I tumbled to my side to reach for it but Skyler suddenly squealed as She tried to hold onto my shoulder.

" Hey!, you made me fall" she says playfully while rubbing her eyes with her fingers. I grin cheekily as I help her up from the floor.

" I didn't mean to, sorry to wake you up" I reply slowly rubbing my neck. Her cheeks grow deep scarlet as she tugs on her bottom lips.